The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Key Fob 98 GS-T

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VivaLaOC

Proven Member
Mar 16, 2021
La Grande, Oregon
So I got my key fob finally in the mail (two actually) but I tried the jumper wire between 1 and 4 but maybe I was doing it wrong who knows, anyways my alarm always goes off when I open the doors or turn the ignition on, I have a door key now which I didn't when I got the car and I took the horn out because I couldn't stand the sound tbh. Anyways, some help would be greatly appreciated and comprehensive at that. Like I said maybe I did it wrong, who knows. I asked on another thread and thats how I found out about the jumper.

Thanks

does your key fob unlock the doors?

maybe the key lock cylinder switch isn't working.

if you have a multimeter you can check it. turn the switch to lock and you should have continuity between pins 2 and 3
unlock= continuity between pins 1 and 2

if nothing else , turn the ignition to the on position, unplug the switch and on the harness side connector, short pin 2 to either of the other pins (1 or 3).
upload_2021-4-1_21-9-54-png.626026
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If the alarm goes off when you open the door with the key, the problem was never the FOB or lack thereof. As mentioned in your other thread, the door switches need replaced.

They're incredibly brittle even before being exposed to elements for 25 years. They're not necessarily known for breaking on their own, but it's pretty difficult to avoid breaking them if you do anything with the lock cylinders.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-switch-mb927494 They're discontinued so I'd recommend picking them up ASAP. I just got two from here and allegedly they only have two left.

Here's one I ordered in December from a different dealership that arrived in four pieces.

Last edited:
They're incredibly brittle even before being exposed to elements for 25 years. They're not necessarily known for breaking on their own, but it's pretty difficult to avoid breaking them if you do anything with the lock cylinders.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/oem-parts/mitsubishi-switch-mb927494 They're discontinued so I'd recommend picking them up ASAP. I just got two from here and allegedly they only have two left.
Okay, ill check mine and make sure I actually need to replace them before I buy them but thank you ill keep it in mind

How do you connect it though? I see it clips on but I can't figure out how to clip it on there

Also, after I get that sensor thing on the back of the cylinder how am I supposed to get my Key fob working? I know I need to jump the connection between 1 an 4 on the obd2 port but what wire should I use for the best connection and which one is #1 on the obd2 port? I'll take a picture of it and send it so you can edit a mark on the picture so I know exactly which one to connect the wire into

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back