The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Kelford 272 or 280

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjridert1

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Im in contact with Kelford, but wanted to run it by you fellas here as well.
I have a set of K272s as well as a set of kelford 280s (280/276) at my disposal for next season.
2.0L, 8.3:1 wisecos/eagle rods, ported head, kiggly springs, HX52, twin scoll T4 mani, L19 studs.

I didnt want to rev past 9k for some sort of engine longevity. So Im looking for a cam with power 5k-9k (although this is possibly subject to change).
Car sees some street, but I dont really care if it doesnt have street manners.

Thoughts/suggestions?

degreeing in the cams will help, and having cam gears, and some dyno time will help with what cams will work the best.

The 272 may be perfect for you especially with the use of some cam gears, if you were on a stroker I would probably recommend the 280s.

It is said that Kelford 272's are actually closer to most other 272's and you arent stroking it so the 272's should work fine for you amigo.

Who says the 280s will make more the 272s? Really dyno time will only prove what you can make and where you ate trying to make he power.

Thanks for the replies guys. Im leaning toward the 280s since the targeted powerband seems to fall more within my goals, but Ive been reading about a # of guys revving the 272s to 9k no problem (and meanwhile having a little more mid range power)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back