1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Keep it Stock

Posted by MNMavrik, Sep 16, 2019

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. MNMavrik

MNMavrik Probationary Member

Joined Sep 14, 2019
    Chisago City, Minnesota
    Hey Everyone,

I'm excited to join the forum. I've wanted a 2G Eclipse since I was 13 (which was a while ago). I am still looking, but I'm hoping to be really close! I fell in love with the green Eclipse in the original F&F and have been hooked ever since. While I used to be into the tuner crowd, my interests and preferences have changed over the years. Now, I just want to keep it as stock as possible (except those OEM wheels, woof). I know that sounds crazy to some of you, but you can have all your built cars. I'll keep mine nice and clean :)

2. Dhan

Dhan Supporting Member

Joined Apr 29, 2010
    Denver, Colorado
    Welcome aboard! Nothing wrong with keeping it stock. That was my intention also, until the boost bug bit me haha

2K  4

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
    BLACK'98DSM likes this.
  3. Bo0sTeD 4G63

Bo0sTeD 4G63 Supporting Member

Joined Aug 31, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Welcome to the community... I have one that is only track use but TBH I would like to find another one that I could daily drive that I could have nice and clean like you :sneaky:

Street Build 985  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  4. Red_EcliPzE_GsX

Red_EcliPzE_GsX Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Irving, Texas
    Same here. Over the years my preferences grew from looking flashy, to appreciating the beauty and design of the cars as stock. I am currently working on restoring my 1ga to look like it rolled off the showroom floor, oem wheels and wheel caps and all! Just going to lower it so it has a nice stance, and mild street build for an ultimate oem sleeper.

349  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  5. MNMavrik

Joined Sep 14, 2019
    Chisago City, Minnesota
    Haha, the boost bug bites many people and is quite addictive. That 97 gsx sure is pretty.

I want to some day give my (future) eclipse to my kids. And if they don't want it, screw em, I'll drive it until i turn senile, then maybe a few more years :)

6. MNMavrik

Joined Sep 14, 2019
    Chisago City, Minnesota
    Anyone have any good suggestions for places to look for 2g eclipses other than on here and Craigslist?

7. Dayoung2

Dayoung2 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 5, 2019
    High Springs, Florida
    AutoTempest, it searches a bunch of different sites in one

169  1

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  8. BLACK'98DSM

BLACK'98DSM Proven Member

Joined Feb 9, 2019
    Hoover, Alabama
    Facebook Marketplace

Road Race Build 2K  25

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

340  3

2012 Murray Explorer Dune
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

257  6

2009 Troy Bilt Bronco
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles
  9. Red_EcliPzE_GsX

Red_EcliPzE_GsX Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2002
    Irving, Texas
    There are some DSM classifieds groups on Facebook. Great place to find a lot of good decent dsms for sale as well as parts. They are scattered all over though so hopefully you can find one nearby you. Either that or grab a trailer and prepare for a mini road trip to pick one up!

349  3

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  10. MNMavrik

Joined Sep 14, 2019
    Chisago City, Minnesota
    Great! Thanks. I haven't been on FB in ages, but maybe for once it'll actually be useful

BLACK'98DSM likes this.