The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Kansas City catalytic converter laws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCz Eclipse

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
I ahve a 1991 eclipse gsx, and i was wondering what the laws are in Missouri, specifically Kansas City on removing the catalytic converter? I was thinking about running a test pipe and was wondering if it was legal or not.

Thanks

As for Missouri you are required to have the cat. One of inspection requirements. Does that mean that you can't run a vehicle without a cat? I know plenty of DSM owners in MO. that don't have one. Federal law states that you must keep the cats. I run a 1gb with no cat or muffler at all. No inspections in Kansas. Hope this help? Watch the regional section for local KC action.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back