The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Kaaz center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baymax

Probationary Member
Jul 26, 2018
Taylorsville, Kentucky
I am riding the struggle bus on finding a kaaz center differential for my 98 eclipse gsx. Quaife is the only one I have been able to locate. It appears I blew out my center diff after a couple hard launches and need a good replacement. Car is used primarily for autocross and road racing.

I'm not sure the Kaaz actually exists. The part number is floating around, and I mistakenly thought I owned one, but I have never actually seen one. Just Cusco (plated) and ATS, plus the Quaife that is made of glass.

The demand is so high on the aftermarket centers and they appear so rarely that I would suggest using a stock unit modified to 4 spider. A loose center diff isn't all that bad for racing on tarmac since it doesn't need to be very active. The ATS and Cusco plated diffs are not good for tarmac and can cause plowing; I would only use them for loose surface rallying and maybe a dual-purpose drag/street car.

I know this is an old thread. The Kaaz does exist. I own one. It was confirmed by Twicks. I thought it was a Quaife. But he confirmed while he was installing it that it was a Kaaz. You can find a pic of it on my build thread.

I know this is an old thread. The Kaaz does exist. I own one. It was confirmed by Twicks. I thought it was a Quaife. But he confirmed while he was installing it that it was a Kaaz. You can find a pic of it on my build thread.
This one?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is the one that I understand to be the ATS, unless it's the same unit as the Kaaz. I've seen Japanese promotional material from ATS for it. I've owned one or two myself.

This is the Cusco plated unit:

And the Tarmac:

I've still never seen a document from Kaaz with a picture of their diff to prove it exists.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back