The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

K&N FIPK

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTURBOGSX

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2004
niagara falls, New_York
I curently Running Dejon Tool intake hard pipe and I have Kn Drop in Aitfilter... But I was thinking of buying K&N FIPK But didnt know if it was a waste of time and money >?

u know if ur going to go w/ a new air filter if u went to the dsm shoot out they had a filter there that was green they were advertising sorry i cant remember the name.
any one that was there remember that booth???
if some one can remember the name id use it.....they did a test w/ k&n and this green filter and the green filter was way better
sorry agian i canot remember the name ill try some and find the brosher they gave me :talon:

I was wondering if Kn Drop in Filter is much Diff the the K&N FIPK?

to be honest im not to sure im not a big fan of k&n after seeing some tests and things if i can find u the site of the one company i was talking about ill send to u so u can see the test

I don't know anything about filters/ intakes. Please tell me the difference between both of these and what they are used for and if you would go for these or something different.

Filter # 1

Filter 2

I think these filters are for different things but then I get confused and then I look here see them together and I don't know which one I am getting. How is Green compared to K&N? So are all these different than cold air intake filters?
here

they are both for the same car except the first one is a direct drop in and the second one converts the stock filter to a cone filter ... i believe this is rite ... but the second is better for airflow so if yur going to buy one get the fipk

Are any actually good? All I hear about is K&N filters so I dunno do you see any you would go with for a 95 tsi?

all I can find on greens page is the filter itself but for the actual intake setup would it be best to go with what then get the green filter? I am confused cause you guys said theres something greak from green but so far the FIPK seems to be the best. Can anyone tell me if the FIPK I see everywhere on peoples pages that just display a box and a filter contain the rest of the setup or just the filter?

I keep getting driven insane here every site I go to looking for the FIPK I get either a picture of the filter but not the entire setup can any of you send me to a link to the actual pipe or a good entire setup? I am seriously getting annoid. it's like yay I find it then wham! no it's just the filter. or can you send me to a link on ebay for a setup and seperate filter basically link me to whatever you would get please

I just get confused cause I see the pipe part but I hear green and k&N filters are the best. why can't I just find both of them together anywhere the FIPK setup looks the best but all I can see is just the filter and not the fipk pipe

everglow said:
I keep getting driven insane here every site I go to looking for the FIPK I get either a picture of the filter but not the entire setup can any of you send me to a link to the actual pipe or a good entire setup? I am seriously getting annoid. it's like yay I find it then wham! no it's just the filter. or can you send me to a link on ebay for a setup and seperate filter basically link me to whatever you would get please
The K&N has no pipe, just the filter and adapter. I don't know how the hell they get people to pay the $130 or whatever it is for them.
I use and recommend the eBay route.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7950084799&category=38634

Oh, and ONE THREAD about this is plenty.

I just bought this K&N filter + adapter for around $70 dollars CAN total. Since I've never installed a cone filter in my car before I was just wondering if I have to buy anything else in order to install this in my car. Doesn't the stock airbox have a plastic pipe going into the fender ? When I install this cone filter what happens to that pipe ?

K&N Filter + Adapter

DrunkPenguin said:
Whats wrong with the FIPK? It made a huge difference when I put it on my car.

John

same here.

100 bucks was expensive for a damn filter and adapter but i only want k&n on my car.

does the green filter have oil on its pleats or is foam? that might why be its flowing more...but letting more dirty air in.

Liquidus said:
I just bought this K&N filter + adapter for around $70 dollars CAN total. Since I've never installed a cone filter in my car before I was just wondering if I have to buy anything else in order to install this in my car. Doesn't the stock airbox have a plastic pipe going into the fender ? When I install this cone filter what happens to that pipe ?

K&N Filter + Adapter

you have everything to install the filter. first, u will need to discard that pipe along with the stock airbox and filter. then you attach the filter with the adaptor, then stick the adaptor tightly to the end of the MAS. plain and simple :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back