The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

K&N FIPK? [Merged 9-7] intake filter adapter kn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

its an air filter for your car made by K&N. its supposed to be pretty good as far as filters go

oh, well i just bought the gm maf and translator and k&n filter already , thank you

Do any of you have any input on this? I've looked around and I don't exactly understand the difference.

Searching ebay I found a K&N with a simple adapter to fit my intake for $40, what is the difference between this and the FIPK?
Thanks.

On my car the guy I bought it from cut off the bottom of the air box. Now my filter is constantly dirty. I am debating on weather the FIPK is worth it or not? What kind of gains, if any should I expect?

Hey all.
I did a search and didn’t see much about this.

I just ordered the K&N filter off the FIPK (part # 57-5504-1).
Yes, you can order the filter only. The part # is RF1019.
It was $35 from my local Autozone. Saves a few bux on the $100-140 kit.
Basically the only difference between the kit & the filter alone is the MAF adapter.
That’s a pretty expensive adapter if you ask me.

I apologize if this is common knowledge & I just wasted a min of your life.

Deathmug said:
Hey all.
I did a search and didn’t see much about this.

I just ordered the K&N filter off the FIPK (part # 57-5504-1).
Yes, you can order the filter only. The part # is RF1019.
It was $35 from my local Autozone. Saves a few bux on the $100-140 kit.
Basically the only difference between the kit & the filter alone is the MAF adapter.
That’s a pretty expensive adapter if you ask me.

I apologize if this is common knowledge & I just wasted a min of your life.

I assumed you could get the filter by itself but i didnt have the part number. That is good to have because Auto Zone doesnt like to look up parts unless it is specific to your vehicle.

Thanks for the info :thumb:

so what do you plan on doing for an adapter, might I ask?

At auto zone you can't even get a phillips screw driver without giving them a make model and year of the screw you are trying to remove. :thumbdown if it isn't in the computer then it obvously dosn't exist.

miteclgst said:
so what do you plan on doing for an adapter, might I ask?

At auto zone you can't even get a phillips screw driver without giving them a make model and year of the screw you are trying to remove. :thumbdown if it isn't in the computer then it obvously dosn't exist.

Well I’ve seen them all over ebay for 5-10 bucks shipped.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back