The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Just took out my little T25…. (Pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prodigyman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Ontario_Canada
Car 97 GSX
85K Miles
Current mods
Full Turbo back with 2.5” DP, 3” Magnaflow Cat, 3” custom cat back with Magna Flow muffler
Greedy Type S
Intake

In garage
Hella Bi-Xenon Projectors with Hella generation III ballasts
Philips Unilton 6000K D2S HID bulbs
Big FMIC
Full hard IC piping
Stock Front Bumper
Stock Turbo spoiler (don’t ask… car suppose to come with it and guy who bought the car originally custom ordered 95-96 one)
Greedy Profec B II
SBR Hybrid connection Tubular 2.5” O2 Housing
Brand new Main and secondary O2 sensors
New spark plugs with 8 mm wires (since my o2 is dead current ones are soaked)

Well my first real experience with cars went well so far :) Took out my T25 and have FP Big T28 sitting next to it waiting to be bolted on. Basically what I did when taking it out is I D/N the coolant lines (rubber part from the metal) and left the coolant lines on the turbo so I can D/N those later when the turbo is out, much easier that way. The upper oil line (which goes where the oil filter is) is a bi*** to take out a whole so I managed to unbolt the top part and just left whole thing hanging there… oil return lines… well shit loads of oil came out when I did that.

In the possess I basically took out RAD fans, heat shields and intake, drained the coolant (damn that thing stinks) and successfully took out the T25 with O2 housing. Thx god I didn’t rip any turbo bolts but they sure where a bi*** to take out :)

My question is since most of my oil and coolant is gone is it safe for the car to say without any liquids for 3-4 days, until I get SBR 2.5” O2 Housing with all the upper and lower gaskets? And how do I refill the coolant and how many liters do I need to do so? Also going to totally drain my oil too and how many liters of oil do I need to refill it for my 97 GSX (I presume I just poor it through the top cap on the head of the engine?)

And here are pics of working progress :)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ummm my t25 was a good bit bigger then my ported BIG 16g....and a t28 is the same size as a t25 :cool:

DSMeclipse4G63 said:
ummm my t25 was a good bit bigger then my ported BIG 16g....and a t28 is the same size as a t25 :cool:

LOL that’s all good about the sizes but what about the volume of oil and coolant I have to put in my engine once I get the new turbo on? And where do I refuel the coolant?

herostar said:
Quick question... does your 97 have a low spoiler b/c it's a canadian model?
I was going to ask that, because the whole car looks like a 2ga stlye, aside from the front.

herostar said:
Quick question... does your 97 have a low spoiler b/c it's a canadian model?

LOL i can see u didnt read what i posted :) first of 2g eclipses never were sold in canada so i imported this one for NY. and read what i said in OP

"Stock Turbo spoiler (don’t ask… car suppose to come with it and guy who bought the car originally custom ordered 95-96 one)"

So i am getting stock turbo one back

Them's some fine jackstands there, Clyde. Glad you saved that $20 from gettin' them chintzy Chinese-made one, damned commies.

Your pictures are too big.

Defiant said:
Them's some fine jackstands there, Clyde. Glad you saved that $20 from gettin' them chintzy Chinese-made one, damned commies.

My question is since most of my oil and coolant is gone is it safe for the car to say without any liquids for 3-4 days, until I get SBR 2.5” O2 Housing with all the upper and lower gaskets?
Just don't move or drive it, should be fine. Mine went over 4 months without oil or coolant.

And how do I refill the coolant and how many liters do I need to do so?
Just go buy a bottle of 50/50 at auto store, and fill up your coolant to the top line. I don't know what size it is, but it was more then enough for mine.

Also going to totally drain my oil too and how many liters of oil do I need to refill it for my 97 GSX (I presume I just poor it through the top cap on the head of the engine?)
5 qaurts should do. Use the cap that says "Engine Oil" on top of the valve cover. Not that hard, if you mess that up.... well, you shouldn't be working on the car.

Oil = one jug of Mobil 1 4.4 litres if you change the filter also. Put it in the oil cap on the valve cover
Coolant = one jug of 50/50 mix. Top it up with a little distilled water. Also make sure your reservoir is full to the line also.

What is amazing to me is that you pulled the turbo without any problems, but you don't know how to add coolant and oil. For coolant, fill radiator with 60/40 or 70/30 (since up north??) all the way to the top. For oil add 4qts of 10W40 or 20W50, or synthetic (whatever your preference). Some advice, get jackstands if you intend on working on your car regularly.

Defiant said:

ROFL

yeah, I used to use stacks of wood also, but realized that I could get a pair of jackstands from Wal-Mart for under $20. makes things easier, and don't have to worry about tripping over anything

vr4play said:
What is amazing to me is that you pulled the turbo without any problems, but you don't know how to add coolant and oil.

My thoughts exactly...nice learning experience though.

My car sat from fall to spring with no liquids in it and it's fine.

CanadianTSi said:
My thoughts exactly...nice learning experience though.

My car sat from fall to spring with no liquids in it and it's fine.

vr4play said:
What is amazing to me is that you pulled the turbo without any problems, but you don't know how to add coolant and oil.

I had idea where coolant goes (the CAP by the left side of the motor) but I wanted to make sure it 100 % because I though you suppose to refuel it @ the radiator but the cap was moved to that coolant relay by the motor. So I am just making sure I am pouring right stuff in right place! :) And I really had no idea how much volume of oil and coolant to put in as I never dealt with these cars but thank you guys for your responses.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back