The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Just starting my mechanical journey!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chances

Probationary Member
Jun 16, 2023
Buckeye, Arizona
I want to start off by saying that I am completely new too mechanics and I bought a DSM not too long ago. I saw someone selling a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gs Coupe 2D and decided to go ahead and purchase my first DSM. It needs a lot of work (sadly) but I find it fun as it’s a challenge to restore this vehicle. The hardest part I’ve found with my new-found journey is locating parts for the interior. It was completely stripped front and back (cargo area) and I’ve gotten some parts and reinstalled them but haven’t got any luck with other parts. I mean it’s kind of bad so my question is what websites or connections do you guys use to restore a DSM in its entirety im really into these vehicles and would LOVE to continue my journey but I’m kind of at a dead end at the moment. Grateful for any help!

hello and welcome! You found a car and this website, so those are two big steps. First thing you should do is fill out your vehicle profile, so members can see what you have to start. Also a good time to start your build thread, so that as you work on it, we can track what has been done.
Not a lot of websites selling too much interior, I’m afraid, but performance partout is worth a search. Also Rix racing. If you use facebook (which I don’t) you might find stuff there, so I’ve read. Best way is through the classified ads on this forum. Interior items come up , as do folks posting entire car part-outs. That the best way, honestly. As these cars get harder to work on, some folks decide it’s time to get out of the game, and sell off their stashes of long-collected goodies.
Ebay is also an option, and I have found some good items there.
Also posting specific questions, and including photos, will get more relevant responses.

I appreciate your reply! I just uploaded a picture and information for my vehicle profile, it’s nothing special but I’m going to completely fix this DSM

Which parts exactly do you need (and color)? I'll see what I can dig up if you're interested, I've got almost a full grey/black 2g interior and a full beige 2g interior. I also have a leather/wood grain Chrysler interior, which isn't exactly the same as a 2g interior but most parts will interchange. I'm far from Arizona so you'd probably prefer shipping, which means nothing large like seats. Post what you need and we'll see what we can do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back