The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just saying hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgibell

Probationary Member
May 27, 2019
Harrison City, Pennsylvania
The 'ol 95 Talon Tsi AWD hits antique status next year, so I've been doing a lot of thinking on what I should do with it. Been hanging on to it, since it seems like they are harder and harder to find. In 2003, I did a lot of research to find black on black Tsi AWD. Just looking for some feedback whether or not it's worth it to fully restore, even if I wanted to sell it later on (even at a loss). I'll post more pictures. The frame is solid but it rough shape, and the front strut mounts have also started to rust. (Even the one that was previously fixed) I'm not much of a gearhead, so any input would be helpful.

Attachments

• IMAG0085[1].jpg
    IMAG0085[1].jpg
    812 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0086[1].jpg
    IMAG0086[1].jpg
    630.5 KB · Views: 56
Welcome!
Being a 2ga it's slightly less desirable than the 97-98 2gb, but if the rust isn't super bad and it's repairable, I'd say go for a resto on it. In very good body and mechanical knick it can go for a solid price. I'd say hold off on mods and do the restore as stock as you can if selling it is on your mind.
Otherwise just drive and enjoy it, it's not likely you'll get the money you put in back out of it unfortunately.

I would say depending on how bad the rust is whether or not I would continue. If it's not too bad I would definitely continue with the build. I would rather rebuild a motor and tranny with upgraded parts then deal with rust everywhere.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back