The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

just rebuilt motor and having electrical problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honduraneclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 13, 2003
revere, Massachusetts
just finished my 6 bolt rebuilt and i cant get the car to start with the key...i tried to start it direct with the NEW starter and it cranks perfect but it wont turn on .... i hear my fuel pump prime and all the lights in the interior work even my headlights...what could it be? all the dash lights up all the christmas lights really bright... its fustrating i have been waiting 3 months and now its giving me electrical problems :mad:

-Is your timing marks line up? CAS mark line up? MAF hook up? got spark? spark plug wire in correct order?

Make sure that the fuel injector harness is hooked up correctly. The throttle body harness and the fuel injector harness to the resistor pack are exactly the same on '90s. If you accidently swapped them, the car won't start.

AWDriven.

thanks guys i got the car started. it was just i got two connectors swapped wrong by the battery.. i just send the car to get my SAFC 2 , WALBRO HP FUEL PUMP, and AEM FPR INSTALLED. also put on the computer so i can fix all my high revv problems.

I just need to know one thing, and everytime i search about the injector resistor pack the only thing that seems to come up is engine swaps, and turbo no turbo things. I just need to know to which connector does the injector resistor pack need to be plugged into. Thanks

Originally posted by honduraneclipse
thanks guys i got the car started. it was just i got two connectors swapped wrong by the battery.. i just send the car to get my SAFC 2 , WALBRO HP FUEL PUMP, and AEM FPR INSTALLED. also put on the computer so i can fix all my high revv problems.

hmm...I realize this was a long time ago...but now I'm having a starting problem as well...could you tell me what these connectors you swapped are? maybe that'll fix my problem...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back