1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

just rebuilt motor and having electrical problems

Posted by honduraneclipse, Sep 24, 2003

Please Support VR Speed Factory
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. honduraneclipse

honduraneclipse Proven Member

Joined Apr 13, 2003
    revere, Massachusetts
    just finished my 6 bolt rebuilt and i cant get the car to start with the key...i tried to start it direct with the NEW starter and it cranks perfect but it wont turn on .... i hear my fuel pump prime and all the lights in the interior work even my headlights...what could it be? all the dash lights up all the christmas lights really bright... its fustrating i have been waiting 3 months and now its giving me electrical problems :mad:

2. turboholic

turboholic Proven Member

Joined Jul 30, 2002
    Rialto, California
    -Is your timing marks line up? CAS mark line up? MAF hook up? got spark? spark plug wire in correct order?

3. AWDriven

AWDriven Proven Member

Joined Jul 2, 2002
    Make sure that the fuel injector harness is hooked up correctly. The throttle body harness and the fuel injector harness to the resistor pack are exactly the same on '90s. If you accidently swapped them, the car won't start.

AWDriven.

4. honduraneclipse

honduraneclipse Proven Member

Joined Apr 13, 2003
    revere, Massachusetts
    thanks guys i got the car started. it was just i got two connectors swapped wrong by the battery.. i just send the car to get my SAFC 2 , WALBRO HP FUEL PUMP, and AEM FPR INSTALLED. also put on the computer so i can fix all my high revv problems.

5. whitegst97

whitegst97 Proven Member

Joined Sep 16, 2002
    Miami, Florida
    I just need to know one thing, and everytime i search about the injector resistor pack the only thing that seems to come up is engine swaps, and turbo no turbo things. I just need to know to which connector does the injector resistor pack need to be plugged into. Thanks

204  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  6. 13secGST

13secGST Proven Member

Joined Dec 1, 2002
    San Luis Obispo, California
    hmm...I realize this was a long time ago...but now I'm having a starting problem as well...could you tell me what these connectors you swapped are? maybe that'll fix my problem...