The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 2GNT Just put in new suspension need help with alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Civib2

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 29, 2004
Wayne, Pennsylvania
Hey guys, I just put in KYB AGX shocks and ebiach springs and of course now my alignemnt is terrible. I also bought the caster camger kit from eibach but does it really correct a 1 degree off alignment and is it really hard to do. Any thoughts on others who have done this or something like it please help! And by the way I love my suspension I dont care what people say about the AGXs I can now go around a turn 50mph wihthough even a tire squeal!

Instead of going the typical route of camber adj. kits, I went a different route. Adjustable upper ball joints. My dad's been a wheel alignment tech. for 20yrs and he showed me these in one of his new catalogs. He was doing the work on my car. They were a helluva lot easier to put in and they cost about the same as the other kits (well, with my discount anyways). But it's cool, I just loosen the nut and slide it into whatever position I want it in. They've been on for 7mos. and there's been no slip. Anyway, just thought I'd give you another option to check out. The only problem now is that I can't get a good caster reading. The arms for the laser sensors aren't long enough to go out and see each other and the bumper is in the way.

Thats not a problem. The shop I work at also has the lasers and cant get underneath my front bumber. But the newest alignment racks out there use mirrors and are all digital and they can do it just fine becuase they dont use the lasers. So just find a place with a new rack and have them do it.

Yea, my dad told me about the new Hunter rack w/ the mirrors as soon as we found out that we couldn't get a good caster reading. His employers aren't sure if they're gonna get the new rack. Nonetheless, he's in MS and I'm stationed in CA. I've yet to find anyone with the new style rack.

Yeah i got the SPC adjustable ball joints and love them, the only problem is thta thye throw the caster out of whack but it seems fine to me....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back