The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Just put 4g63 belt on 2.4l 4g64 block with dohc 2.0l head on. Look ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darknezz7

Proven Member
Mar 30, 2014
Eugene, Oregon
Just slipped on the 4g63 belt. I had to unbolt and pivot the hydralic tensioner to get the belt on, pin not pulled, it seems pretty tight.

Cam gears remarked and everything lines up.

I know this can be done, but without any mods? Originally I was going to do the two tensioners methid but decided against the washers idea.

Good to go?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

[DOUBLEPOST=1410646911][/DOUBLEPOST]I pulled the pin and spun the motor a few dozen times. It lines up so perfect its scary. belt doesn't seem too tight I guess.

The hydraulic tensioner should not over tighten it if anything compress some more?[DOUBLEPOST=1410711595][/DOUBLEPOST]no comments?

Last edited:
It comes out about here on the timing cover mark when I have the new marks on cam gears lined up to cylinder head.

hmm, still no thought?

frustrated, went to put the trans on and engine in today and cant find the TOB clip... A part cant even get at stores, great.

I cant believe no comments on this? LOL just waiting for me to test it out huh.

I keep going back n fourth on if I should run a 94 galant belt or not.

Feeling the 2.0 belt on the non tensioned side it feels slack enough.
Ofc setting tension was not done by the books at all this was, measuring the distance between tensioner and arm that is.

The eccentric pulley is also tightened down just far enough away from the water pump to not rub.

got trans on now atleast :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back