The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Just ordered 2-piston calipers for my '91 AWD. Few quick questions please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMAddicted

20+ Year Contributor
May 12, 2002
Miami_FL
Gentlemen,
as the title states, I just bought a set of 2-piston calipers from Gary ([email protected]) @ MitsubishiGraveYard.
He's got a few sets in, I think any pre-'92 DSM AWD or all-years FWD owner should get a set before they sell out!!!

Now, I would like to buy PowerSlot rotors to go with the upgraded calipers. My question is: what year model eclipse rotors should I order exactly to match my new calipers? Any PowerSlot rotors made for '93+ DSM AWD should work, right?

Also, what kind of pads do you guys recommend me?
My budget is very limited, but I would like to get decent ones.

As far as SS brake lines for my '91 AWD, do you know of any shop which sells them at a competitive price? I know RRE has honest prices and is selling them for $115 (8 lines), but do any of you know of any shop that may be running a sale on these?

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Walter

this one has been confising me for a while now as well, but the dual piston calipers were on myu 91 when i bought it, and this question is keeping me from getting new rotors

the tpm rotors on slowboys site say fronts can be ordered for 89-91, or 92-98(build dates), but the brembo cross drilled and slotted rotors on dsmparts.com say they can be ordered for either 92-94, 95, or 96-99(model year). so im about confused as hell about it, and those brembos would look really good on my car if i knew what year to order them for.

hopefully someone helps us both
-brian

DSMAddicted: yes, any year DSM that had the big brakes (93+ AWD, 91+ 3000GT NT, and some Galants) will work. Your pad selection will depend on what type of recreational driving you will be doing. Lots of people seem to like the EBC Green pads.

Gigahz: You need the bigger rotors found on the cars I mentioned above.

The list of cars can be found in the vfaq.

Guys, thank you all for the contributions.

gigahz95: I don't remember because I ordered multiple items from Gary, but I think it was in the neighborhood between $125-$130.

NOSLO2PT0: Thanks for confirming my thoughts. As far as pads are concerned, I usually 'baby' my brakes and use them very softly during regular daily driving, I always try to wear my car as little as possible when I use it for normal driving.

Thanks, I will keep you posted.

Walter

Originally posted by NOSLO2PT0
DSMAddicted: yes, any year DSM that had the big brakes (93+ AWD, 91+ 3000GT NT, and some Galants) will work.
Allright! I just ordered a set of PowerSlot slotted rotors from HorsePowerFreaks, which are running a SALE on them. Got them for $80 each, + $25 shipping for a total of $185 shipped as opposed to RRE's $180 + SHIPPING. I love RRE but I was glad HPF had this sale, because every dollar counts for me these days.

So, call HPF and ask for Josh, he'll set you up with your new rotors.

Now, all I need is advice on which are the best pads as far as durability, reliability and price...

Regards,

Walter

VGX pads are a great deal also. I have the power slots w/ single piston calipers on my 91' which i got from Buschur. Great combo with not alot of dust, no noise and a great pedal. Summit or Jegs also carry them.
Jeff:thumb:

get SS lines from RRE, they have them in stock and ship pretty fast, if you get from goodridge, possible chance is that they don't have them in stock and they would let you wait for 3 months before anything...

thats alot for used calipers,
i work at pep boys and i ordered my dual piston calipers from ARI brake hydraulics with brackets for $45 a piece and they have a lifetime warranty with them

A local Junkyard has a 1994 3000GT NT. What parts do I need to get off of it to get the brake upgrade? Can someone please list so I know what to look for. I will be getting rotors elsewhere because I believe the ones the car has aren't any good after the accident.

Will I notice a big difference with these calipers, SS lines and bigger slotted rotors? How big can the rotors be for these calipers and still clearing on 16" OEM wheels?

neuralracing said:
A local Junkyard has a 1994 3000GT NT. What parts do I need to get off of it to get the brake upgrade? Can someone please list so I know what to look for. I will be getting rotors elsewhere because I believe the ones the car has aren't any good after the accident.

You need the calipers and teh hub mounting brackets. Might want to snag the brake lines as well just in case. Rotors as well if they are any good.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back