The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just installed an FP HTA RED, holy shite!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Log from 7.99@94 1/8 mi with 1.96 60'

Attachments

• IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 7.99 at 94mph.elg
    72.5 KB · Views: 96
Just tried my two step. Mine only makes 9 psi at 6k. Guess I need to try antilag. 0 degrees timing is where it needs to be? I have an egt guage. How worried should i be about roasting the turbine?

I'm wondering the same. I havent really had anyone chime in with anti-lag setting suggestions. I've tried it at the track and have it set to around 11-12psi on anti lag. I've only used it a couple times though. Afraid of roasting my turbine wheel. LOL. My settings are in the log if you want to check them out.

So, Ive got the boost up to 27 psi now. Timing begins at 9 degrees or so as spool starts, then goes up to 14 degrees by 7K. Ive got the AFRs in the 10.5:1 area so as to avoid knock. I think I may need to step up to an EVO maf or speed density at this point, as the maf hertz is through the roof- at 7.5K, its reading a little over 2700 hertz! Going to check for boost leaks after work, dont think Ive got any but who knows cause that reading is really high in my opinion. Going to check injector duty cycle tonight as well. Ive got the new FIC 1100cc high z injectors, so I should be okay, but just in case Im going to take a look.

EDIT: Just looked at the log again. The maf hertz reading is 2800 hertz, not 2700. Is..... something off? Im also at 3.75 GREV and the next step is the last step in the map, which is 4.13, so I may have to do the "big maps" mod to my bin soon.

Last edited:
Did a boost leak test to 32 psi today. Had a small leak at the blow off valve adjustment bolt, so I put teflon tape on the bolt and its sealed. Had a small leak at the AFPR bolt and did the same. Also, there was a small leak at the little brass elbow that is in the compressor housing so I sealed that too, and the last leak was the fitting on the back of my new 45 psi boost gauge so I tightened it and its good now as well. Took it out for a couple 3rd gear pulls and Im still hitting a tick over 2800 hertz even with no leaks. I noticed my boost gauge needle jumping around between 26- 28 psi rapidly at full boost, and Im assuming this is the wastegate/ boost controller rapidly bleeding pressure or perhaps just a product of having an internal gate on a turbo like this. Just put this gauge on cause my old one was only a 30 psi gauge, and Im going to take it to 30 psi on 110 octane. Im very pleased with the performance so far and hope to get to the track soon and maybe even a dyno, hoping for a little over 400 whp on 93 pump and 500 whp on 110 race fuel if Im lucky.

Well, Im going to yhe track tomorrow, hopefully. I checked my injector duty cycle, and its at 83 percent by redline with the fic high z injectors with no boost leaks and 10.5 to 11:1 afr, so the airflow should be there for some decent runs. Hoping to be in the 94 mph trap speed area. Hope i dont break anything and i can hit some good 60' times with the Kaaz front and Evo read lsds.

Crappy. I couldnt get out of the hole, it just bogged a bit cause I was afraid of antilag. Then, on the fourth run, I got the boost to build up to 15 psi on the line with antilag, but the clutch died. Clutch has 2000 miles on it, and this was the only time Ive launched the car since Ive had the car running. Despite the fact that ACT 2600 with the street disc destroyed my pedal assemblies, slave and master cylinders repeatedly, the ACT setup help up to repeated launches and never missed a beat. I think I may try a stock pressure plate with the XTD six puck disc, since people have used that set up with far more power than me and it holds up. Its cheap too.

Best trap on the first three runs was only 84 mph cause it bogged so bad. The last run, i got out of the hole like a bat out of hell cause i had the antilag at 0 degrees timing on the two step and it made 15 psi on the line but when i went for second gear the clutch just slipped. Its a shame cause it was shifting soooo sweet and the only problem was bogging on too low boost without antilag. Big disappointment cause i was doing 87 mph and 1.6- 1.7 60' with the 18G and was expecting some nice 90 mph traps with this setup

Crappy. I couldnt get out of the hole, it just bogged a bit cause I was afraid of antilag. Then, on the fourth run, I got the boost to build up to 15 psi on the line with antilag, but the clutch died. Clutch has 2000 miles on it, and this was the only time Ive launched the car since Ive had the car running. Despite the fact that ACT 2600 with the street disc destroyed my pedal assemblies, slave and master cylinders repeatedly, the ACT setup help up to repeated launches and never missed a beat. I think I may try a stock pressure plate with the XTD six puck disc, since people have used that set up with far more power than me and it holds up. Its cheap too.
I'm having the bogging issue also. Best 60' so far on just the 2 step is 1.96. My clutch also slips when I use anti-lag. Weird because the clutch doesn't slip doing low RPM highway pulls. My best 1/8mi trap so far has been 96 but that was on a slightly taller tire. I'm on a smaller Hoosier now and my trap has been 94. I'm gonna give it another try tonight with the 2 step but spraying a 35shot off the line. If that doesn't get me low 7s and a trap close to 100, it'll be AT swap time......

What is your 2-step set at? If you're on slicks, sounds like your 2-step isn't high enough.

I played with the antilag before I went for the last run that killed the clutch. -5 and 0 timing at 6K RPM generated 20 psi, which I think is too much for a launch on my set up, so I think I ended up at +7* timing to get 15 psi, which is what I used to launch on with my td05h 18g, and I could easily hit 1.6- 1.7 second 60' on my street tires. When it was bogging on me, I wasnt using antilag, and was only getting 8- 9 psi even at 6K RPM and my 60's were horrible, I think the best I got was 2.1X haha. When I get the clutch fixed and broken in, Im going to try 5.5K RPM launches if I can find somewhere safe to do so and get used to the new setup before I go back to the track

In my experience, launching between 4.75k and 5.5k (depending on track conditions) has gotten me good results building ~10psi on the line with street tires. Anything higher in the RPM band and you're banging the rev limiter as soon as you leave the line, unless of course you're shifting at 9k+.

Now that I run Hoosier DR's I still launch at the same RPM but run just enough ALS to get boost to 12-15psi when I leave, if I don't I bog a bit. I could run two-step up to 6k+ and hit 12-15psi without ALS but, like I said, doing so puts me too deep in the RPM band and I'm hitting the 8k rev limiter too soon leaving the line.

Every car's different because 10psi on my td05h isn't the same as leaving the line at 10psi on a 35R. You'll just have to play with it and see where your setup likes launching but, whatever the case, if you're shifting at 8k'ish I recommend only going to 5.5k-5.75k on the two-step and using ALS from there to increase boost if you need to. Just adjust timing, leave fuel enrichment alone.

Another thing to remember, 8psi could be plenty to get the tires rotating but if you're dumping the clutch you'll bog. Try slipping the clutch more leaving the line if you continue to bog because if you're dumping it and you get boost to 15psi you'll break something...

I had to completely retune the car for some reason after the CAS and coil swap and fuel injector cleaning. Only got it up to 24psi but ran 8.0@92 at 24psi. Not too bad. We don't get slips for grudge racing so I don't know the 60' but previous best was 7.99@94 at 30psi. So .01 slower at 6psi lest boost. I'm pretty happy with that. Gotta finish the tune to 30psi and retune the nitrous but that's gonna have to wait till after my vacation. I'll post a vid of the run on my drag racing thread. Oh and clutch started dragging last pass. Pulled me through the lights on the 2step. Gotta fix that.

Maybe the clutch and flywheel just got hot and expanded enough to drag? Have you tried since its cooled to see if it quit it? Im supposed to be putting in my temporary xtd stage 4 with the six puck sprung disk today. Ive got all my tools out and jackstabds and all but I just cant get motivated

^^yup. That's how I always set it up. I went out yesterday and the rod wouldn't move. Looks like it needs a pedal adjustment. I might mess with it today. Kchaaz i feel you. If I drop my trans for anything an automatic is going in :)

I put the clutch in yesterday. Everyone ive talked to about it said to just put it in and go, no break in, so i put five miles of sgifting on it then gave her the boost. Thing holds nice. Im debating going to the track this afternoon for a redemption haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back