The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Just had clutch Install and no crank just click

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NV_GSX

Probationary Member
Jun 23, 2010
Salinas?Reno, Nevada
Hi my friend DeathdealerATX just installed my clutch and swares he connectd everything.. We even replaced the starter after testing it at an auto parts store but still it doesnt turn over:ohdamn: just a click and what seems to be a relay sound.... Installed one of my friends optima battery and still no crank... we tried to push start it and no luck.... :banghead:at this point im clueless of what could be wrong and its super frustrating bcz its starting to be a money pit.. :cry:I haves searched and havent found much that was usefull... what really throws me off is that it was fine before the clutch install...WTF
95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Please help !!!!:pray:
T.I.A

Just for the hell of it, jump a wire from the battery to the terminal on the starter for the signal wire. Mine did the same thing. At first, turns out there was a break in the factory wire about 3" from the connecter. A day later, the start position of the ignition switch when out....so i said screw it an wired a push button start.

its your power transistor,this has happened to me several times.what you can do to bypass is get a manual starter with the two leads hook one up to starter and the other to the battery turn car on and then press switch..just make sure car is out of gear as ive almost run my self over.

Hi my friend DeathdealerATX just installed my clutch and swares he connectd everything.. We even replaced the starter after testing it at an auto parts store but still it doesnt turn over:ohdamn: just a click and what seems to be a relay sound.... Installed one of my friends optima battery and still no crank... we tried to push start it and no luck.... :banghead:at this point im clueless of what could be wrong and its super frustrating bcz its starting to be a money pit.. :cry:I haves searched and havent found much that was usefull... what really throws me off is that it was fine before the clutch install...WTF
95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Please help !!!!:pray:
T.I.A

If I'm reading the OP correctly, it will not even run trying to pop the clutch? If that is the case you have an issue beyond a starter / starter relay. If it was anything to do with those two things, or wiring therein, the car should run just fine if you were to pop the clutch with the key on.

@ Cogs that what i was saying but my friend was like your car rolls and when your car is in gear your clutch is engaged...
I asked him if he hooked up the ground wire thats on the starter bolt and he said yeah...
Push start button i really dont wanna do that....
I'll have a shop check out the power trans transistor and the cables because this car has already consumed enough of my time already...
Thanks guys

its your power transistor,this has happened to me several times.what you can do to bypass is get a manual starter with the two leads hook one up to starter and the other to the battery turn car on and then press switch..just make sure car is out of gear as ive almost run my self over.

Your an idiot! Please DONT give tech advise. The power transistor controls the ignition coils! Absolutely nothing to do with the starter.

Your an idiot! Please DONT give tech advise. The power transistor controls the ignition coils! Absolutely nothing to do with the starter.

wow cant believe i didnt catch that LOL... I guess i been breaking my head on this too much.... :hellyeah:
Really frustrates me because im a nissan guy :shhh:not a mitsubishi guy... I wanted to give it a change and experience the turbo AWD:aha:
I hope once running it wont need anything for a long long time :pray:

went from just a clutch job to
Clutch
flywheel
all coolant hoses
axle
full brake job including rotor replacement
starter
Still need to buy new rear tires and get an alignment

Problem solved it was the starter relay that is behind the stereo :thumb:
Thank god i didnt have to take it to the shop :applause:

Have you tried to bypass the starter wire and start it by using the + on the battery and connecting it directly to the starter and see if it cranks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back