The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Just got your car painted? me too, for about 5 hours

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmxunderground

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2007
Bowling Green, Kentucky
I didn't know where to post this so since i'm new, i'm here in the newbie forum. So anyway, a little background on me. I own two eclipses, one is in the shop right now having more than a few mods being done, the other I actually an old Talon I converted inside and out into an eclipse (as you can see in my avatar). So the talon has been totaled twice, once by the previous owners skid into a tree causing the car to have a driver side full front apron replaced and a new front end. The second time was after I had completely rebuilt it from the first totaling. Some buddies thought it would help me to pull the car from the garage on the day I was taking it to the paint shop. They were drunk so it slipped their mind to pull the ebrake. So, the car rolled down a hill and smashed square into a tree.

Needless to say, we're not buddies anymore. So after a year or more I decide to rebuild it again. I got it all done and painted it satin black. Finished the last details this evening then decided to go out to a local pub and celebrate. The picture in my avatar I took at 8pm this evening just 6 hours ago. 3hrs later I come out to leave and what do I notice? someone has backed into my car and smashed the front end.....again.

Although I can fix this in a day given the amount of materials and spare parts I have at the shop I still ask you all reading this. Please pray for me to have the strength to keep my composure should I come face to face with the person responsible. DSMers, right now your fellow member just needs a shoulder. Please drop me a line if you feel my pain, or have a worse story to make me feel better. :cry::cry::sosad::sosad:

I have a similar story but not as heartbreaking as yours. I spent a whole Sunday washing, drying, claybarring, and waxing my car till it was an immaculate shine. I parked her under the tree in the shade. Next morning I come out to find a bird diarrhead on the hood and right fender. I am not a fan of birds anymore not that I ever was much in the first place. They are my sworn enemies now.

I know pretty much how this feel :
Few days after my front bumper got repainted, I m driving my car one a nice sunny day ... .
Now, my car have Abs, and I think the wheel bearing was a little loose, so that little abs sensor starts to act weird, I come to a light, brake, andthe cr doesnt brake anymore ! BAM in the car in front of me, another bumper, light, etc, all that for a little sensor, needless to say my car doesnt have ABS anymore
Few weeks after, with a brand new bumper and light, I get out of the mall only to find a nice and superb crack on my bumper that s about 6-7 inches long and the bumper has that huge chip, paint was all gone, etc, I can take a pic to show you if you want, I was so disgusted at that point that I Told myself thats it, I m not fixing it anymore I dont care abiout the way it looks, and it s been about 3 years now that it s like this, and not one more chip on the bumper...Probably gonna fix it this summer
(but mostly so i can learn how to do bodywork on my car)

Have the same situations you guys described. It has to be a curse of owning a DSM...

First off, I bought my car back in Oct., drove it til january. In january, one of the armored trucks at work plowed into the passenger side quarter panel in the parking lot. Company refuses to pay for it because there are no witnesses... I'll scan and post pics later for ya.

Second, I washed my car and nu-finished it last weekend. Had it looking all shiny and new, and wouldn't ya know it, 10 minutes later a bird came along and left its mark...

Its a curse I tell ya...

Ok, got up at 7am and got started on the car. I reset the anchors in the carbon fiber hood that were ripped out, pulled the fender and core support back into allignment, set the headlight and in a few hours should have the new bumper dry enough from the paint to put it on. Passenger side clear corner is M I A so if any of you have one you would sell me or donate i'll take it please!

And keep the stories comming. Oh yea, one last thing, my advice to you after these incidents is, always keep spare parts around for a rainy day as long as you own the car :dsm:

I put my car into a guard rail, you could see the imprint of the guardrail in the front bumper, the two curves, etc.

The day I got it back I drove home across the state and around 4am getting off of the highway I hit a deer.

I was mad. Cursing I grabbed my pistol and my mag light, but then thought better of finishing the thing off opening fire under the highway (literally just got off) and went home.

THat car is a magnet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k

You're telling me :D I also failed to mention that 2 days after it got hit in the parking lot at work, someone else hit me and scraped up my rear bumper in the same parking lot... Easy fix though, there is a 1.8 eclipse 1g at the u pull it yard that is the same color...or I can just use CBX 2000 and carnuba wax on it, works pretty well...

Blindsey, thats what the .45ACP and the conceal and carry license :D Although .45 isn't very useful against our trucks at work mind you ;)

Ok so 24 hours later and I've got her back to normal. With a better finish on this new bumper than the last one. I didn't like spending my day off doing this it took 12 hrs but her she is.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

People probably see the satin black and think its not painted yet and its no biggie if they hit the car. I remember when I was taking driving lessons and we always drove past this primered neon with a body-kit and the instructor would once in a while have us practice parallel parking next to it because it wasnt painted yet and so it didn't matter if it got scratched

thats shitty luck man, my thoughts are with you! my car as of right now has a black front driver fender, a blue front bumper cover and the rest of the car is teal/rust i just ordered the last 2 rear quarter panels that are about to be welded in, once i find a good body shop and then its getting painted, i'm praying i don't have bad luck after its painted.....i agree with carrying some kind of weapon in the vehicles maybe that should be a new dsm rule, haha!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back