The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just got my PocketLogger, Need Help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j3rkoff

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2003
ArizonaUS
OK, I'm about to go out and log my first run... Due to the BS gas shortage in AZ, I'm going to wait an hour for gas first :D. Thanks to the people in this forum, I finally got a logger...

Now i've searched here and have read the stuff that came w/ pocketlogger, but i want to ask anyways what exactly I should log for my very first run... LTFT, timing, o2, etc... What should I be shooting for (esp. timing-wise)?

Also, If timing dips, I raise fuel, correct? And if LTFT is in the negatives, I lean it out on that point w/ the AFC? And since there isn't an exact measurement of knock on the 2g's, I have to look at where the timing dips and EGT to make an educated guess?

a couple more questions... I have a 190 lph fuel pump, and 720 injectors. I have a crap hrc s20g turbo (might as well tune it since i'm stuck with it until later in the year), is that enough fuel system mods to run it over 20 psi? Also getting an SX FPR soon. I'll get a fuel pump if you guys think it's necessary, but for right now should I be OK?

How high can i run the boost in this turbo? People say it's got too small a compressor wheel, and too big of an exhaust side, so it takes forever to spool up, which is true. Just wondering how high I can turn it up until either the turbo isn't efficient anymore or is too dangerous.

I can't wait to get started tuning :D.:thumb: Thanks, and sorry for all the questions. :D

OK with what your going to be tuning you should log. LTFT, TIMING, O2 (sensor bank1), and RPM's. Your timing should start low and top out between 15-20' by redline. Your 02's should be .90 or above.

You are correct about richening it up if the timing dips, you are also correct about leaning it out if your LTFT is negative (vis versa). But, LTFT is not measured the same as your % on the afc. There for the AFC usually will change LTFT by 3% for every 1% you change on the AFC so do it in small increments.

As far as max boost 20psi should be safe. I run 20psi on my 16g on 93 octane gas and get 20' timing in the top of third. You should have plenty of fuel for your setup to run 20psi.

Hope this helps, Jon

Thanks a lot! That should help nicely. :D.

Due to the fuel shortage in AZ today, I could not tune. There was nowhere to buy gas over 91 octane, because the stations were out of it. I had to get a couple gallons of 87 @ $2.00/gal (ARGH!!) , and quickly added some NOS racing formula octane booster (says raises by up to 7 points, yeah right ;) ). We'll see how it goes in a couple of days when i get some proper gas in it. I'll be sure to post my findings in here. Maybe I should log and tune the crap gas, but why waste my time (and motor)?

Originally posted by j3rkoff
I had to get a couple gallons of 87 @ $2.00/gal (ARGH!!) , and quickly added some NOS racing formula octane booster (says raises by up to 7 points, yeah right ;) )
That NOS racing formula octane booster raised your octane from 87.0 to a whopping 87.7, a whole 7 points. Toluene from the hardware store might have been cheaper.
http://noclownz.dnsalias.net/racegas.htm

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back