The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Just got my new Tokico HP Suspension Kit installed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstspyder1998

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2002
San Diego, California
Well my stock shocks finally crapped out so I had to replace it quick so it don't jack up my tires. I decided to go with the Tokico (HPK231) suspension kit. It is the blue Tokico shocks and Tokico springs. I was debating over the HP kit, Illumina kit, or Illumina shocks and ground control coilover but that would be wasting my money since I only use my car for transportation. It was pretty inexpensive, I paid $450.00 installed ($100.00 for installation), it would have been cheaper if I installed it myself but I don't have the proper tools so I just had it done. I'm pretty happy with it the only gripe I have is that the rear makes a loud noise when I hit a pot hole or when I'm driving in a #####ed up street. The Tokico springs lowered it to 1.5 inch which is good enough for me so I don't need to get cambers for it. If anybody is deciding on getting these I would recommend it!!! :thumb: :thumb:

...have any pics? was debating between this kit or the prokit springs and tokico blues.

Originally posted by gstspyder1998
The Tokico springs lowered it to 1.5 inch which is good enough for me so I don't need to get cambers for it. If anybody is deciding on getting these I would recommend it!!! :thumb: :thumb:

You will definatly need a camber kit, my car is lowered the same as yours and went a year without any problems. Recently the back wheels bowed out and now i need a camber kit. I'm buying the same kit you bought soon and i will be getting a camber kit installed also.

IM thinking about this kit also. I had heard good things about tokiko struts but nothing of their springs.

What you say about the back making a noice, have you found out what it is. That has me concerned.

I would like the kit though.

Let me know what the noice is, tks.

Originally posted by jokerman
IM thinking about this kit also. I had heard good things about tokiko struts but nothing of their springs.

What you say about the back making a noice, have you found out what it is. That has me concerned.

I will be checking it out this weekend when I change my oil and I will let you know. I'm also going to try and contact Tokico and find out if they have heard of this. I will update you guys this weekend.

98_silvergs: What kind of camber kits are you getting?

I've checked into eibach and ignalls, cant decide on which one yet

Originally posted by cucumber

Ingalls. It's what I have. :thumb:

Hey cucumber, I checked your profile and it looks like you are using the same Tokico HP suspension. Does your car make that thumping noise in the rear when you hit a rough bump? Mine keeps doing that and it's really pissing me off. I'm going to bring it back to the shop that installed it to have it checked out but if you have any suggestion what could be causing it, let me know. :thumb:

Jokerman: I went back to the shop that I got it installed and it was as simple as tightening a bolt. He said one of the bolts were loose so all he had to do was tighten it and it worked. I tested it by driving in this jacked up road with rough bumps and some pot poles and the noise stopped. So far very happy with the purchase.

thank you much.

That is Muphys law.

When working wiht more than one screw, you will have problems with at least one.
And if you working with only one screw, it will be a problem.

Tks man

I will order mine next week.
Then those new 19" Arospeed RSGT rims will look nice.

thank you much.

That is Muphys law.

When working wiht more than one screw, you will have problems with at least one.
And if you working with only one screw, it will be a problem.

Tks man

I will order mine next week.
Then those new 19" Arospeed RSGT rims will look nice.

You are welcome. I will post pictures this weekend for the before and after pics.

Originally posted by gstspyder1998
Well my stock shocks finally crapped out so I had to replace it quick so it don't jack up my tires. I decided to go with the Tokico (HPK231) suspension kit. It is the blue Tokico shocks and Tokico springs. I was debating over the HP kit, Illumina kit, or Illumina shocks and ground control coilover but that would be wasting my money since I only use my car for transportation. It was pretty inexpensive, I paid $450.00 installed ($100.00 for installation), it would have been cheaper if I installed it myself but I don't have the proper tools so I just had it done. I'm pretty happy with it the only gripe I have is that the rear makes a loud noise when I hit a pot hole or when I'm driving in a #####ed up street. The Tokico springs lowered it to 1.5 inch which is good enough for me so I don't need to get cambers for it. If anybody is deciding on getting these I would recommend it!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Where did you buy the springs and shocks from?

Hey Guys

I run an eibach pro kit, and I need dampers, are the tokico blues stiffer than stock at all?

i have the tokico hp shock absorbers and springs on my 98 awd, they look bad ass and handle even better, i dont have the bad sound in the back so maybe your instaler messed something up, i just got them over christmas so i havent aligned it yet, check out the picks of it in my gallery

where did you get your Ingalls camber kit. and how much did you pay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back