The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just got it back from Macco

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illedran

Probationary Member
Jun 25, 2020
Catawba, North_Carolina
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Before and after. Went ahead and got the headlight cover painted too

1500.00 took out some minor door dings and had to take roof and hood down to the metal.

Oh they used the same paint code . Just went by the paint code. This is a one stage paint too. They did all off it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 other estimates before they did it. Both in the 6500.00 range.

It looks good now, but give it 6 months to a year, I have seen many Maaco paint jobs and while they looked decent when 1st painted, it changed dramatically as time went by.. The one good thing you do have going for you is that you did the prep work, I just worry that they sprayed the car as is and never put any primer on it(you will know if/once the paint starts flaking off)..

Yeah. I know. On the plus side they have a 5 year warranty, but I am sure they can find ways out of it.

The way I look at it. If I can get 3 or 4 years out of it. I could do it 4 times and still pay less. I didnt do any body work to it. It just had a few door dings.

Yeah that looks good. Maaco quoted me at 4.5-5k for mine..
same, i took my 3 in and they said $5k+ since they have to take it to the metal and get rid of some light rust around the side skirts and windows :( so thats not going to happen LOL ill just have to touch it up myself and do little areas at a time

Pretty sure MAACO is a franchise, so ownership, pricing and quality may vary from location to location.

I had an aging Toyota pickup painted by MAACO 20 years ago. I wanted the masking to be decent, so I stripped the truck of all lights bed liner, mirrors and other parts before dropping it off. Other than very few very minor imperfections, like a speck of dirt imbedded in the paint, it came out quite good. I spent 5 or 600, don't remember. The paint never flaked or faded, what did the truck in was rusted out spring shackles, and a crack in the frame.

I think if you look at the work they are turning out for quality, tell the mgr what you expect, and give them a car with some prep already done, you can get a good paint job on a budget. Notice I didn't say great paint job.

I had a 1989 Ford Ranger, and did the bodywork much like yourself. They painted in 1995, and it still looked great in 1998.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back