The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Just got back from track... having some issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parsalian05

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 30, 2003
Minneapolis, Minnesota
fastest was a 15.2 which im not happy with at all. my A/F gauge says im running lean ALL the time, it never even gets to the "stoich" point, let alone rich. i'm wondering what could be causing this? i'm running 15psi with supporting mods on the stock turbo/exhaust and a rewired fuel system. i dont hit fuel cut and im not leaking much boost (holding 15 steady). a friend of mine said maybe my timing was ahead a bit too much...? my old plugs looked fine, weren't burnt or anything.

- a little more info that might help the diagnosis: this whole lean problem started after i got my act2600 put in, the a/f would read either VERY lean or wouldnt even read at all... but the car ran fine so i didnt worry about it. before this the gauge would read lean at idle but would bounce around all over when i was driving. my O2 sensor was replaced within 10k miles so i dont think thats an issue...

problem 2: after 6 hardcore runs my turbo is sounding kind of raspy and im burning a lot of oil so im guessing its about to hit the dust. im at about 97k miles on the stock turbo, which i hear is about how long it lasts anyway. ill check it for play tomorrow, but is burnt oil a normal symptom of a bad turbo?

all help is appreciated!

-nate

doodie said:
Sounds like your o2 sensor went out on you judging by how your A/F gauge is reading. Have you been running race gas?

Thats exactly what i was thinking too but he said he just replaced it 10k miles ago. But if he is running lean, really lean possibly, that will kill an o2 sensor quicker than shit. And a bad o2 will cause a world of shit to a car :talon:

my turbo actually JUST went out... im getting a big 16g. as for the 02 sensor, the old owner replaced it like 10k miles ago so i doubt thats the problem. no race gas, no leaded fuel so thats not it either. i swear though... ever since i got my car back from getting my new clutch put in, its read lean! the work was done at Elite Autosport which is a very well known dsm shop in minneapolis so i dont think they screwed anything up in the clutch install process.

bad fuel filter? timing got advanced somehow?

i have no idea :confused:

i think advanced timing is good....the opposite is bad. Correct me if im wrong ppl.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back