The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just got back from the track!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candela

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
Austin, Arizona
Well I finally went tonight... I was using c-16 (what wonderful stuff!!!) and the first 2 runs were getting boost down and logging. Made adjustments after the 2nd run and logged the 3rd, than ran the 4th with no log (regretfully)..

1st run ....1.030 reaction
.....2.4 60ft
....9.6 1/8th @82mph
[email protected]

2nd run- ....1.208 reaction
...2.860 60ft
...10.6 1/8th @81mph
[email protected]

3rd run-.....0.941 reaction
....1.860 60ft
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected]

4th run- .....0.927 reaction
....1.860 60ft
[email protected] 1/8th
[email protected]

This was the most fun Ive had in a long time. The best part is, is that the car has more potential. I have stock suspension w/blown f&r struts, and I had only 3 count of knock! I ran the big16g@20psi for the last 2 runs. I think once I put on the suspesion (this weekend) I might be able to run better 60ft's as well...:dsm:

nice... your times range from a 15.4 to a 12.9... woah! :)

u say c16 is wonderful stuff. care to explain why? I'm using it for the first time this Friday.. looking forward to running 2 gals of that stuff!! :)

Well simpy because its 117 octane and Im used to 91... I ran 20 pounds of boost with almost zero knock, and great timing advance!!! Its just a big difference than what Im used to. I put in 4gallons (too much). Im going to drain the tank tomorrow, so I wont mess up my o2...

Wow its 7 per gallon here...If you want you can drain the tank almost empyty than fill it up. Or like someone suggested to me take the return line off the fpr and empty it into a can, than fill up. I just ran the fuel light on, and gauge saying empty for about 30min. Added 4gallons then drove around and let it idle for another 10 min. It did the job nicely.

Nice job. glad I could help get ya started there. Great times.

How much boost have you guys heard of running on a big16g? I was only running 20 cause I didnt have many passes to tune cause my bro wanted to run his car, and he needed my boost controller. I think if I added a little bit more fuel at the top end I could have ran maybe 22 and got a little better time, but Ill wait till I put on my suspension tomorrow.

Originally posted by larryd

C16 will eat up your cat and if you use it enuf burn up your o2 sensor.. but tis soo much fun :)

well i dont have a cat at least. umm why didnt I feel much of a difference before and after i put in the c16?

...maybe because i wasnt lauching worth a crap! :mad:

Because the fuel wont really help much unless your tuned like crap. Its what it enables you to do, which is what counts. It didnt make a difference for me until I realized I could run 20+psi with no knock and good timing!!!!

Dude...you dont have many mods let alone a turbo that can really make good power at 20+psi! I ran that c16 so I could run that kind of boost safely, which FF's can do as well, its just youll have a harder time with traction without slicks...

well when I put in C16 my traps went from 105-106 range to 107-109 range without changing anything on the S-AFC when I had that.. and the o2 readings were like .98 - 1 volt.. so i was running rich as a pig on C16 but the timing must have been well advanced becuase of the race fuel

Im happy. cam2 is only $3.35/gal here in indy. If you're gonna run race gas then empty you tank like candela said earlier then throw a few gallons in. I use it prolly every other weekend on the street. Only been once to the track with it. But yes i love it

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back