The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

just got a pioneer FH-P4100, need wire diagram

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97 Demon

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2011
Antelope, California
Just wired this thing in and ended up with 3 extra wires and it won't turn on... HELP!

I want to have tunes in my car again and can't find any wiring diagrams for this thing.

Car stereos are pretty simple to wire. Do you have power and ground? What color wires are not hooked up? What wires did you hook up? Better explanation will help.

I hooked up all the normal wires, black, red, yellow, all power, the speakers are all wired in.
The wires I have left are yellow/white, yellow/black, and the blue/white that's for remote.

Assuming you have all the wires there and the speakers installed, make sure it has power and then the fade and balance so it's focused at one corner. IE Rear right. Make sure the volume is low and check the speaker wires. For the most part, if no sound, it's not that wire. if there's sound, you've found the speaker wire for that end.

That's how I found out which of my speakers is blown. (Still need to fix them. repairs before audio XD)

Any audio guys chime in?

^^ Is wright get it on, 12volt.com has the wiring diagram for our car. Then balance all the way to the left. Fade all the way to the front, read the diagram for the car figure out which is front left wire colors, then grab those 2 and hook them to each 2 matching on the headunit harness until u have sound. Then do the same for all the others, hope this helped.

That's not my problem. I know the sound system works, was using it with my old deck, there is 0 power to my new one, that's what the problem is that this head unit has extra wires I need to know what they are for.

... my speakers work fine and I know what wires are what in the car, the head unit has my confused

Test the head unit out of the car. Red and yellow to +12V. Black to ground. The head unit should power on with these three alone. If not, start checking fuses.

Ok, posting pics of what's going on in just a few minutes.
Got to clean up all the e-tape with some connectors.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's my problem in picture format... I don't know what the 3 wires that's aren't connected go to.

Last edited:
Blue/White = remote turn on IE: Amp, or power antenna
Yellow/Black = Cellular Phone Mute, just cap it
Yellow/White = connection to dash dimmer lights, hooks up to Orange/white in harness ( just cap it)

just for giggles.
Black to ground

Red to (Switched, "Keyed on") 12v Power. Check this with a test light or DVMM.
" Key Off" no power, "Key on" power

Yellow Memory wire, this needs to be hooked up to constant 12v Power regardless of key position

Check all fuses, radio, fusebox, any wierd ones the previous owner installed

your speaker wires look correct.

Check that out and if it still doesn't work. PM me

Make sure the ground is solid, i had to re do mine when i swapped from stock to an aftermarket unit.

Found my problem guys, thanks for the help, as I adjusted the ground I rechecked myy inline fuse on the constant, it was blown. :ohdamn:

For future reference, ALWAYS! disconnect your batter prior to doing any electrical work on your vehicle. Fused connections dont protect you 100% of the time. Not saying that its common to burn something up because a fuse didnt blow like it was supposed to but it has happened from time to time. Next time it could blow out the deck or possibly some expensive and vital component of your cars electrical system.

Also, something you have to remember with Pioneer head units; They have a very small fuse called a "pico fuse". Theyre notorious for blowing the damned thing and its about the size of a pin head on the main board of the head unit. Unless youre pretty decent with precision soldering, I would worry about blowing that sucker. If it blows, youll get tons of static/hissing through your speakers. Most people assume the head unit is unrepairable and toss it(along with their hard earned cash) down the toilet.

Another piece of advice Id like to offer is to not use crimp on connections unless you have a proper crimping tool and good crimp on connectors. If you can give any of them a moderately hard tug, it isnt a solid connection and could cause some serious problems down the road after thousands of miles of vibrations. Some of these head units are in the $500-$1000 price range. Not worth it if you ask me.

Im not trying to bash you by any means. Just offering good advice if you choose to take it. Ive been through just about every vehicle problem you can imagine and would prefer to save some other poor soul the heartache associated with the trial and error Ive experienced. If you have any other issues with installation or sound quality, Id be glad to help. Good luck with the car and enjoy your new deck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back