The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Just called HRC...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slo2gen

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 26, 2005
Upstate, South_Carolina
I just called HRC and talked to a guy, Brad, and he said that it IS safe to run boost in the 10-12 lbs on stock internals with their fuel system reliably. I know a number of people here say that it to keep it as a dd, that they only run around 5 lbs of boost. What's the deal?

how long did it take for it to pop? It will take at least 1 year to save up for internals and to get it done. I got an estamate just for labor and it was about 2grand. Is that reasonable? My cousin is an ase certified mech. but I would have to get a few things before we started on it.

Slo2gen said:
how long did it take for it to pop?
There is no way top predict that. It's a factor of the state of the internals when you install the kit, your driving style, tuning ability and environment. Just get the kit. Run 5-7lbs through it and take care of it. As you get closer to having the money for a rebuild start turning the boost up here and there. If you're on the ball, you'll have a complete bottom end ready to swap over in a weekend when you're done. Then you can put the screws to the old bottom end and see what it takes to pop it. ;)

Cost me $3800 for a new timing belt, forged pistons, rings, eagle rods, and a new head. Parts & labor. Why not do it right the first time?

I went to a shop and got quoted on the price just for the labor and I was told that it would at least cost two thousand just for the labor. Is that a good deal or is that too much. I know that the forged pistons and rods are going to cost more than one thousand by the time I get them and rings and a gasket kit.

Slo2gen said:
I went to a shop and got quoted on the price just for the labor and I was told that it would at least cost two thousand just for the labor. Is that a good deal or is that too much. I know that the forged pistons and rods are going to cost more than one thousand by the time I get them and rings and a gasket kit.

Rip off. I was quoted about $1900 for parts and labor. Then I went ahead and hand them port and polish the head as well etc etc. ended up spending $2600 on parts and labor.

Are they gonna be assembling the block for you, because that might cost more.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back