The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Just "bought" my old car back

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMerlak

Probationary Member
Jun 15, 2021
Thunder Bay, ON_Canada
Since this is my first post I'm gonna toss this in the Newbie Forum. Tried posting on another site but I don't think it was seen, looks like this one is a little more active.

Few years back I lost my car in an unfortunate towing incident. The company was shady and knew just how to work a 19 year old out of his car. After some time passed I got lucky and an old friend asked me about an in they had with the company and if I could sign the car over to him. It's been 2 years since he has had it and he finally offered it back to me. I paid 400 Canadian to drive my car again. I'm very excited and won't have possession for a few more weeks. If anyone has any suggestions for what parts I can pick up that are almost guaranteed to be replaced on a car that has sat for 5 years please let me know.

I do know that the brakes have been replaced as well as the power steering pump.
Tires were new when I had it last but it has been ages so who knows.
The bumper exists and as far as I can tell it is in decent enough shape.

I've picked up new tail lights as well as a new clutch kit because that was going when I had it. Apparently, since I still have the key, he drilled out the ignition cylinder and has been starting it with a screw driver? Long story short I picked up one of those from a shop parting out their 2G.
I think I'm looking at about 4-5 Grand in repairs and touch ups to get her back on the road but I'm not super smart with cars and I will need all the help I can get.

Here are some photos of it now.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Here's an image from back when i owned it the first time. I haven't a clue why they would draw on it with that marker or shove all those stickers on there.

Are the rims on it now the same as your original only painted black ? .. Hopefully it hasn't been picked over to bad .. Best of luck with your build .You are in the right place for all the information you will need to get your ride back on the road.. :hellyeah:

Welcome back dude. It is really hard to tell from just the exterior pics what you may need to get it back on the road. As soon as you get it home and some time, take more pics of the engine bay area and the interior and we can start from there. Again, welcome and good luck with the build.

Are the rims on it now the same as your original only painted black ? .. Hopefully it hasn't been picked over to bad .. Best of luck with your build .You are in the right place for all the information you will need to get your ride back on the road.. :hellyeah:
It looks like he plasti dipped 3 of 4 wheels wo I'm looking to just clear that right off unless it is in good enough shape to warrant finishing up that 4th wheel. Looks like I'll be taking it home this coming weekend. Can't wait to really dig in. New tail lights came in today and hopefully they look alright. Thanks for the warm welcome!

About to put in the new ignition cylinder. Anyone know how to get this piece back in place? What is it called?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back