The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Just bought a ebay clutch.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98blackeclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2010
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I just bought a f1 stage 3 clutch on ebay. Im wanting to know if anybody has used them befor? Are they reliable? My power goal is going to be around 220-250whp. This is my daily driver. I do go to the drags every weekend with street tires. If would greatly appreciated if everyone could give me there opinion. Here is a link to the clutch i bought F1 STAGE 3 CLUTCH KIT ECLIPSE GALANT 3000GT TALON LASER | eBay

I just bought a f1 stage 3 clutch on ebay. Im wanting to know if anybody has used them befor? Are they reliable? My power goal is going to be around 220-250whp. This is my daily driver. I do go to the drags every weekend with street tires. If would greatly appreciated if everyone could give me there opinion. Here is a link to the clutch i bought F1 STAGE 3 CLUTCH KIT ECLIPSE GALANT 3000GT TALON LASER | eBay

Since you already made the purchase, this is kind of a moot point, correct?

As with anything, you get what you pay for.

"Dude, that clutch rocks! It holds forever!"

or

"It will blow within 1000 miles, i guarantee it"

Take your pick, at this point it doesn't matter, you've got the clutch, if it works, awesome, if it blows, hopefully you'll get a better clutch.

Ebay clutches are not especially known for their quality or longevity though. This thread (or a simple search as Jus did for you) would have done more for you BEFORE you bought the clutch.

Could post a actual pic of the presssure plate? I am sure it dosen't look like whats pictured in the ebay auction.

Anyways good luck with the clutch, Iam sure it will do what you need it too.

I have the save company clutch for over 12k miles now. I do the occasional launch here and there. It hold up fine for now. I am almost all stock though except gm maf and maft, SBR manifold and rebuilt 14b and 3 inch exhaust. I say its good. Dont worry about the naysayers. Negavitivity is easy to pass on, positivity is not. :)

I used one of their clutches on my boosted honda civic si and had no problems with it at all. I was debating on going with an F1 again for my GSt, but I just may go a different route.

Ebay clutches are JUNK, you WILL be replacing that clutch soon I promise. If you need any "good" transmission parts I'm sure I have what your looking for, but PM me so we don't go off topic.

There is people on here that swear by XTD clutches but personally I HATE dropping my transmission and especially if its because of something stupid. I had to pull my trans a little over a year ago because I didn't replace my clutch fork when I went from a ACT 2100 to 2600 and it snapped in half, and now a few weeks ago I just finished putting a new trans in because I grenaded my old one.

Ebay clutches are JUNK, you WILL be replacing that clutch soon I promise. If you need any "good" transmission parts I'm sure I have what your looking for, but PM me so we don't go off topic.

There is people on here that swear by XTD clutches but personally I HATE dropping my transmission and especially if its because of something stupid. I had to pull my trans a little over a year ago because I didn't replace my clutch fork when I went from a ACT 2100 to 2600 and it snapped in half, and now a few weeks ago I just finished putting a new trans in because I grenaded my old one.

Do you have personal experience with a BAD ebay clutch? or just your act? If you took some time to read some reviews on this site about some ebay clutches, you would see its not that bad. people have over 300 horses with these and run fine....Why bashing ebay all the time? The sell I bought mine from had over 99 percent satisfaction.

Why bashing ebay all the time? The sell I bought mine from had over 99 percent satisfaction.

That's because 99% of the people who bought items opened the boxes the day they arrived, went "OOOOH that looks nice", then ran right to their computer and left positive feedback. Very rarely will anyone wait until a part is actually in the car and running before leaving feedback. Anymore, all i assume from a feedback rating is that the seller ships quickly, and that the boxes/items usually aren't trashed when they get there, and that they closely resemble the item for up for bidding. I assume nothing about the quality of the parts.

OP, its pretty obvious the whole point of this thread is that way back in the back of your head, you are having doubts about the wisdom of your purchase and are looking for reassurances that you both saved money and got a kick ass clutch...but I'm sorry to say that I don't think you did.
If its a moving part critical to the function of your car, knockoff ebay parts are not the way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my ebay clutch after about 8000 mules, I never launched it. I didn't have good luck with mine and I drive like a grandma, I'd hate to see someone who drives hard using one of these clutches.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Do you have personal experience with a BAD ebay clutch? or just your act? If you took some time to read some reviews on this site about some ebay clutches, you would see its not that bad. people have over 300 horses with these and run fine....Why bashing ebay all the time? The sell I bought mine from had over 99 percent satisfaction.

I love my car enough to not put chinabay junk in it, but I have friends that have ran them with no success. Common sense
And the picture posted of that destroyed clutch looks exactly like my friends, only difference is his car was a COMPLETELY stock gst and the pressure plate broke into a million pieces. :ohdamn:

I guess there always going to be a bad clutch in a thousand. There is no doubt that a name brand clutch has a better quality than a ebay clutch. But if a ebay clutch will last you 12,000 miles, what more can you expect for a clutch that cost you 1/4 of the price of a name brand.

So you guys are telling me that you havent heard of the ACT clutches fail? come on do some reading then come back.....Those are expensive name brand kits....and they still fail. Thus the saying 1 in a million.

I swear I'm selling my DSM and distancing myself from this crowd entirely. When we as enthusiasts of a certain type of car resign ourselves to buying everything as a knock-off on ebay and debating whether it's as good as a name brand, high quality, reputable part, the time has come to move on.

Or maybe I'll just quit browsing this site. Either way, this is shameful. :notgood:

Like dsmdeliveryboy mentioned, I'll only put quality parts on my car, you guys can keep your ebay garbage. Just don't come back here complaining when it fails and takes some other parts with it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back