The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Just basic bolt on stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinH

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2013
Santaquin, Utah
I want to buy an after market Bov, that releases back into the intake what is the best brand for that? And what's the best brand for exhaust and 16g turbo?

I just don't want my gsx to have a high pitch sound, I want a deep rumble if that makes since

Sense*

What Bov would you suggest? and a buddy of mine told me Megan racing exhaust sounds great, does it have to be an evo3 16g or would any other 16g work? Do you know the Max psi the cars can handle on a stock motor? I'm curious because like I said I'm starting with basic bolt ons then plan on building the motor after a little while LOL sorry for all the noob questions

I see people use 1g crushed bov. But if you want an aftermarket look into tial bov. They have a recurculated bov. There are variants of the evo3 16g. Small big evo 3, but you need to decide power goals and budget. Also if you plan on turning up the boost you will need mbc, fmic, bigger injectors, tuning device (ecmlink would be what I recommend) bigger fuel pump with a rewire kit. If you messing with fuel system might as well get a new fuel filter. Depeding on your fuel pump you may need an afpr, also look Into arp headstuds. If you don't need to take the head off any time soon you can hold off and when you blow your hg you can put them on.
With the more power you may need to get a new clutch.
But make sure you have done your maintenance otherwise you will be tearing down again and redoing stuff plus changing more then you wanted.
Remeber these are interfierance motors.
So set a hp goal and budget.

1G BOV or I would go with Greddy type S or GReddy RS will work great for anything you got. As for exhaust I personally have a HKS cat back and it sounds great, it has a really low rumble to it or a thermal. Thermals sound amazing as well. As for a 16g go for a evo3 if you can just don't
Get a cheap eBay 16g. They are crap. Also make sure you read the threads on here. Lots of good info.
Look into all the support mods before you get the turbo. Good luck to you hope this helps.

Honestly, a small 16g is the best bang for your buck street turbo IMO. The spool of a 14b with around a 325hp limit. Evo 3s a noticeably more laggy.

The head lifts on the stock head bolts over 23(ish)psi or so. Head studs raise that limit drastically. Stock blocks have been known to handle 400+hp.

First off, beaten to death.

Second, you want a stock 1g bypass valve (a blow off valve indicates that it is vented to atmosphere, bypass valves recirc).

Third, an EVO 3 16g is the preferred turbo, but you will also need a install kit to convert from the Garrett that is on there to an MHI flange. Make sure the turbo you get is a true MHI (Mitsubishi Heavy Industry) turbo. You can use any other 16g, but the E3 is gonna give you the best bang.

Fourth, you need a tuning solution and an upgraded fuel system to turn up the boost. Otherwise you will be back asking what "knock" is and why it is bad.

1) Go with the 1g bpv if you don't want to ever have to adjust it, otherwise I'd says get the NGR.

2) Choose the turbo based in your power goals. View this page to get an idea of what other members dyno'd based on their turbo. Also if you want a 16g turbo make sure it's a true MHI turbo and not a knockoff.
DSM Dyno Challenge - pumpgas

3) I'd suggest watching YouTube and doing a search for "eclipse exhaust". Everyone will have a different opinion on what exhaust is the best but it ultimately comes down to HP goals, sound, & your budget.

Good luck on your build!

Thanks for all the tips guys,
My goal is 400 to the wheels,
I do plan on caming it,
But as far as bov goes I was going to do hks ssqv4 recirculated into my intake and full 3" turbo back megan racing exhaust, that's about as far as I've planned, still undecided on turbo I was thinking a Garrett 16, or 18g I only want to boost between 15 to 19lbs

If you're looking for 400 hp, grab the 68hta from Forced Performance while it's on sale. It will easily get you there. My favorite exhaust, hands down, is the Thermal R&D. Look into it. :thumb:

Thanks for all the tips guys,
My goal is 400 to the wheels,
I do plan on caming it,
But as far as bov goes I was going to do hks ssqv4 recirculated into my intake and full 3" turbo back megan racing exhaust, that's about as far as I've planned, still undecided on turbo I was thinking a Garrett 16, or 18g I only want to boost between 15 to 19lbs

LOL You asked what bov a bunch of times and everyone said 1g BOV and you went with the more expensive HKS.

What is a Garrett 16 or 18g btw?

19lbs on a 18g will not net you 400 whp. You will also need to focus on fuel system upgrade to reach that goal. Rewired pump, AFPR, injectors and tuning software to compensate for the extra fuel. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/tuning-engine-management/244522-injectors-fuel-pumps.html

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back