The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Just a question... what do you do when your dsm is down and getting fixed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
:( Every one knows how it feels to miss your car.. if it happends to be gone or needs A paint job.. or some thing you cant do cause well you dont have the Tools.. what do you do to get by?My cars being put togetther again because i got a 3 angle port and polish and a stage 2 clutch and headers and my dad wont let me Do any thing in the drive way,pluss i dont have many tools.. and stuff.. Now im all trying not to freak out. and relax.. I want beable to drive fast again.. it sucks right now.. like I seen a rs eclipse just like mine.. i wanted to race him and talk to him a little about how his tuning is going.. and stuff but couldn't Most sioux city racers are cocky arround here... Im looking for more street race freiends and stuff. what do you do to make the time go by?

when my DSM is down I fall back on another trustworthy ride.......1978 Dodge Truck....aka $650 beater.

You don't have a clue.........My car broke LAST APRIL. POS 7 bolt turned a rod bearing @ 107,000 miles .............$3500 later and its still not running 100%.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Brand new 6 bolt engine got installed and less than 100 miles later jumped timing, fubarred 15 valves (left me 1 good one). Fresh cylinder head and Brand New timing Components later all is okay.
Transmission is undergoing a complete rebuild right now. Just ordered a GT EVO 3 Big16g from turbochargers.com.

Installed a Brand New short route FMIC.

Car was parked at a friends house one night, some jack$%^ busted out my driver window.

Replaced the window with a Brand New dealer bought factory tented window......still doesn't match all the other windows :( 15% vs. no tint )

Still working on it to get it back up to PAR.

Action//:rocks: : keeps paddling

Drive my Supra, the Eclipse is the winter car. :)

Well, my GSX is sitting at my shop right now, awaiting a new rear and center diff. It's been a long haul, but to pass the time I've been laughing at other people's cars (especially my friend's) and trying to think of what mods to do. It hurts not to have the DSM. I drive a 1990 Ford F-150 when I cant drive the Eclipse, and it gives me a headache and makes me tense because its so SLOW WTF

Anyway she'll be back up and running soon. Parts are on their way :thumb: :dsm:

See I think its better when you know that atleast your car is getting worked on my car was down for a year while I was saving money for a new engine took me a year finally got her going again this spring, and 700 miles later snapped my timing belt. So she is just sitting in my driveway. Its sad to go out there and just look at her not knowing when you will get a chance of feeling the boost again especially since i never had the chance to really raise the boost. But for now I just pretend in my "92 topaz. So I would say be glad that you know that its getting fixed even if it takes a little bit of time. It's not knowing when I will get te chance is whats slowly killing me from the inside, but its all still worth it once you get back into it!!

Yeah, it's even worse when it's sunny outside, it's really hot and the women are wearing there "summer" clothes.

You just want to cruise around with the sunroof open or the targa off. :)

hey man, i know what ## feeling my 96' gst tranny went out it took me a few months to get enough money for the rebuild, but what i did was come to this site and make my "to do list" regarding the maintenance, the most important things.One other thing i did was save a lot of money, just be patient and it will be all worth it, good luck

yea i know the feeling...my car was in the shop for about 5 weeks...i wanted to kill myself..that and i had to drive a 93 ford explorer that took 70 dollars to fill up every 5 days...jesus....

ill tell you what , I have never had a car that was down for repairs like my good ol' dsm. I just dumped $3500.00 into it and my oil filter decided to rattle loose on the freeway and dump out all my oil , now I have to take it all back out and put a new longblock in it... its great, makes me happy thinking about all the wasted money ;)

Hey, don't feel bad. I don't have a garage to work on my car so I'm just now getting around to it. My oil filter gasket busted at the end of last summer leaking all of the oil from my engine. Now I have to finish saving for a new block *if anyone in IL has one for a good price let me know* to get her going again. And like MelloEclipse I drive a 93 ford explorer. What I did? Play Need 4 speed MW, watched car movies and came online to listen to all the fun our DSM buddys are having!!! Good luck!!!

not trying to be off topic, but i drive a n/t and i think i know why all the brethrins with n/t are cocky, i think its because we envy the fact that all you turbo drivers have turbo's already. and we want to go just as fast but cant, so then we get mad because we have to spend the money to buy a turbo, while you guys have the turbo's already, and you just go uphill with your mods faster then we can. just a thought.
Kids in West Chester that are n/t are really cocky too.

cody

Well seeings that my talon is broken more than it isnt, i spend a lot of time on here and the dsmlink forums, oh and while its down i drive the parents cars, a 2005 Honda Odyssey dont laugh 255hp, that van is a rice eater. And my dads 04 Honda Element, slow as balls but kinda fun to drive.

Well, as for me, I also drive a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharger. It has 260Hp and 280 ft/lb Tq stock, but with my mods, its at 12psi, and about 320hp and 330tq, and I have a complete headers back exhaust, Thrasher Pulley system, and a cold air intake on it. So I still have fun with driving, but it just isnt the same as my baby.... its like driving a sail boat compared to a jet ski... But my Talon is the same way, its broke more than it isnt. Right now I am getting a 95 Eprom ECU and DSM Link, along with my Wideband and Gauges. When it goes in the shop, I pay to have it fixed, and then pay to have more mods to be put on it. I spend so much money on it. I hope it comes back to me soon.... :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back