The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Street Build Junkyard GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright. So while waiting for the noid lights to come in, I tested for continuity through the circuit just to make sure everything was connected where it should. I also verified that I saw 12v at each wire at the injector like I should. Check. And there tested resistance accross the injectors which were all within spec at 8.7-8.9 respectively. I also placed a large wrench on the injector and my ear against the wrench in the hope to hear them clicking. Nothing.

Noid lights came in after that and lo and behold they flash like they should.

So with that, my injectors are the issue. I'm pulling them today and I'm going to try and get them to fire with a 9 volt battery. If that doesn't work I'm sending them off to FIC.

They wouldn't fire with a 9 volt.
Buddy of mine came in clutch and he had a set of DC 1500s ge just pulled off his car 2 month ago. Gunna throw those in and see what happens.

Well the car lives. All and all minimal issues.
I forgot to tighten the valve cover so oil went everywhere. My exhaust gasket between the head and the manifold is leaking. And I need a biss screw oring.
Other than that. It runs. Today is a good day.

So I reached out to STM and they quickly got me a gasket and biss screw oring out the door. It will be here this afternoon. Tomorrow I am installing those and wrapping up some little things. Then putting body panels back on.

Well it runs. Has a really high idle I have to deal with. Biss screw doesn't bring it down much so I more than likely have a stuck tb, too tight a cable, or a boost leak after the tb. I'll figure that out tomorrow.
Body is mostly back together. I need to install hood pins and the bumper. Other than that, almost dyno time.
Then the shootout next month.
IMG_20210715_193955_796.jpg

So, I have been working through kinks. During first start, idle was super high. Like 3k cold start. Warm closer to 2k. Even with the biss fully closed. So threw on the boost leak tester and boom, throttle body. Changed the seals out and test again. Throttle body seals leak again.
Throw a new set on once again. Leak again.
Took off the throttle body, bought another, had the seals put in by a friend and threw that on. No leaks. Boost leak test to 30psi. Work out kinks and now im sitting here with my heart racing ready to start up and dial in idle.

So tuning had been going well. The po po is extremely dense here so it's hard to get a good pull in. But it's going. Defiantly the fasted vehicle I have ever been in with the exception of my r1. Scares the hell out of me sometimes LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back