The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Street Build Junkyard GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not local, but I got a set of grey leather ones. Good shape for all but the driver seat. It isn't too bad, better than a lot of them I've seen, but still not 100% the best. Great build so far.
Too bad the drivers seat is the biggest one I need. I want to keep the interior as OE as possible. I appricate the compliment and reply!

Just bought a passenger airbag from ThunderChild today. That will solve the pealing airbag issue in my car. Also got a few catch cans and some random little things I needed. Now i think all there is left to do is wait. I got a message from Morrison fab saying they were a little behind schedule but will be starting mine soon. That is the last thing I need before I tear through the engine bay again.
Also, all my sensors came in today. Mac pressure sensor and a gm ethanol sensor.

Airbag is in and God it is miiinnnttttt.
20200418_152941.jpg

Did some work last weekend. The new airbag went in. It doesnt want to sit inside the dash inlay for it for some reason. But I will cross that bridge some other day. Interior wise I still have to get an oem shift boot and knob and a couple clips and then my interior will be next to perfect. I have also had a problem with my drivers side window since I got the car. It literally shakes. Like it's off the track but I know it isnt. I've never really gotten into it but figured I will now.
Went it goes up the whole window shudders and the front portion stays down for a second and then pops up like it was stuck on something. Then when it is all the way up, it is flimsy. Idk. If any of yall know what the hell that is, it would be appricated.

In other news, I installed coilovers.

First off I cannot stress enough that I am not talking smack on any vendor. I understand I bought them used and I was in contact with the vendor closely through this incident. Several times they offered a refund and I said no and that a refund would be the last resort.

I had recently picked up used D2 coilovers from one of our dsm used parts vendors and I had some issues with them. Every single collar was seized. I talked with the vendor and because of course I was pissed but he was willing to work with me if I couldnt get them unseized. 2 weeks and alot of penetrating oil, and then a solid day with heat and a pipe wrench and I got all the collars unseized. In the end i couldnt get one rear height adjustment end off because the threads were so messed up inside the tube. Again I cannot stress enough that this was not a fault on the vendor at all. The coilovers looked almost brand new. The only reason I even tried adjusting the collars was to set preload with it off the car. That's when I discovered such incidents.
Long story short I got the one rear coilover that had messed up threads as high as I could get it and I put them on the car. I dont like the modern stanced look and I really didnt want to be on the ground dragging my car so I was a little concerned with how low it was going to be. But installed it looked good and was just high enough if not a little too high. Problem averted.

Placed an order for new tires yesterday. Honestly I am always one to buy used tires so this is my first new set ever. Believe it or not. After some good research i decided on 235/45ZR17 General G-Max RS tires. Those should be in soon and once they are put on my wheels I will adjust my coilovers to be a bit lower. Get rid of some of that wheel gap.

Other updates: I have been getting alot of parts in. Decided I was going to upgrade my intake manifold aswell since I had the factory 2g manifold and I know that is my limiting factor. Keep in mind, although I do intend on racing every once in a while, street car is the goal. Keeping that in mind, I wanting to stay away from SMIM if I could.
I ended up getting ahold of an RVR intake manifold and I'm going to port the thottlebody opening to 60mm and throw a 1g throttle body on.
Should help me alot on the high-end while still maintaining the low end torque I want.

Other other updates: I am collecting parts for my fuel system. My fuel system was already more then sufficient for 93 but since I am switching to ethinol, I needed to improve some things.
I'm keeping my 450 fuel pump and I will see if that will be fine but if not ill grab a double pumper. No harm no foul.
My fuel feed is vibrant-8an ptfe straight from an -8an bulkhead fitting with a 6 micron fuel filter in line to the rail. Im using a factory fuel rail as the only person I can find that was limited by it was up in 800+ hp and thats not me. I'm using my factory fuel feed line as my return with -6an lines in between, the afpr I have been running, and a welded on fitting to the fuel sender. I also have 2150cc injectors and I would have rather used 1650s because of the stainless internals but I have had this 2150s sitting in my apartment for a long while. might as well use them.

other other other updates: what I am actually doing now is pulling my transmission. Seriously my least favorite thing to do :banghead: I'm pretty sure somewhere along the line I bent my 1-2 shift fork as I have to muscle my car into 1st. Even when the car is off. Also I know my reverse syncros are going bad as I grind slightly going in reverse.

Now before anyone comments :aha: that sounds alot like a dragging clutch. That's what I thought too. I promise you that it is not. Not being able to get in 1st with the car off was a giveaway to me.

Anywho, I'm going to have it out tomorrow as I'm now being rained on and I will be giving RRT a phone call Tuesday for a rebuild. I wanted to do it myself but I know I will take my time and we are already pretty deep in the season.

Once I get that back, the install of everything will be in full swing. The thing that will probably take the longest is the fuel lines. I will probably be up and running 3 weeks or so after I get back the transmission. Then I will be going back to RRT for a dyno tune.

so as yall can see I defjnatly messed something up. 90 percent sure a 1/2 shift fork broke but could be something else. Last week I yanked my transmission and brought it to Raif at RRT Motorsports to get rebuilt. I am also getting LSD put in since I intend on staying front wheel drive.

Other things on the schedule is the fuel system which I haven't finished, brakes, intake manifold, putting the exhaust manifold and turbo on, oil change, and dyno tune.

All of that I will do once I get the trans back. I'm also doing the oil change first because with my luck something will be messed up. Let's hope not.

I also have to shift my fuel system over to the drivers side a bit. My fuel pressure relator and ethinol sensor need to be 6 inches or more to the opposite side of the bellhousing. I also need to find a way to make a plate of sorts to cover the fuel return line that is going to run the fire wall behind the bellhousing to connect to the factory fuel return. Skatter shield and a cage are in the future aswell.

Just got a call from RRT. My first gear was trash and Raif got ahold of the last Quafe LSD for a fwd dsm in the nation. Hats off to RRT. Should have my transmission back next week.

found a local guy to make my cage. Got a friend coming over tomorrow to pick up some parts. That money will be going to a cat back because the one I have is ebay and to a engine diaper. Coming together. Hopefully I can have this done by IFO in Epping, NH a few months from now.

still working. Covid is throwing monkey wrenches and when its not, the weather is. I don't own a garage so I have to work outside at a storage unit. Weather and covid pending, I should be finishing up in the next few weeks. Intake manifold is on the way and should be in soon. Fuel is a big wait. Takes time to make all the lines and order fittings as i need them.

I had gotten my transmission back a while ago. It went in the next day. LSD.
I have also gotten my JMF intake manifold in and have since installed it. Coil pack relocation and injectors also got out in.

That is a piece of art. Are there welds on the mating side of the flange? Also, how were the threaded insert holes that hold the first runner sections filled? Were the inserts left in then welded over? Or were they removed and holes welded/blended all the way through?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back