The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Street Build Junkyard GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Some spring I was focused in ridding myself of any ebay I still had in my engine bay. The blow off valve was replaced with a greddy piece and I acquired a new exhaust manifold.

I had found an old Redjack Racing t3 manifold in the classifieds from a partout. This worked perfectly and I picked it up for 600 bucks. Late I found a light crack in it that didn't make me too happy but that has since been repaired. The external wastegate was replaced with a tial 38mm mvs (?) And I had a dump tube and an o2 housing fabricated by BSFab. Later I discovered that I had to modify my downpipe a bit in order to properly route my exhaust. But I digress.

Right around this time I contacted Scott Laird in regards to tuning. Both of our scheduals worked out perfectly. I would make pulls on the weekend and he would give instruction or modify my tune on the weekdays. It worked out amazingly and he taught be alot about pretty much anything I asked. He got my car running beautifully and helped me through some mechanical issues as they came up.

I ran into a few issues but the biggest was surprisingly clutch adjustment. I had the unlucky circumstance of receiving a bad replacement master cylinder and it took me a bit to diagnose why I couldnt ajust the clutch properly.

I only had the weekends to work on it and the more I got mad, the less motivated I became to work on it.

As winter approached I began collecting parts for the next upcoming spring. Due to the car being outside, it makes it unpleasant to work on in the winter so I wait untill spring. I have since collected a new intercooler and piping, a tial bov, fic 2150 high impedance injectors, and front fenders. All of those will be installed as soon as the weather plays nice.

Last edited:
As for other spring plans, I want to acquire a better catback and coilover to replace my lowing springs. Everyone hates fender flares but I love the look and want to get those aswell. Paint is in the near future and a gt3071r. Carbon hood and carbon hatch are right around the corner aswell although I will have to do some research in the removal and replacement if the rear hatch glass. A new interior is also needed and I would like to get a quality radio. Soon after, I would like to convert to awd. Part of me thinks I should just buy a gsx and swap everything over but why. I've been so far with this car already. Why not go all the way?

Currently designing a caged front end. Reason being is I'm fairly certain the car has seen an accident. The frame right under where the factory air box should be is a little crunched and the fenders dont quite line up with the headlight nor the bumper. Some door jam gaps are a bit weird aswell.

Any-hoo, I am designing a caged front end. I am going to attempt to tackle this myself. The goal in the design is I want it to be completely bolt in. I'm thinking, cutting the frame right behind where the air box went and right in front of the upper motor mount. Weld studs on a cap and cap off the ends. Then incorporate this front end into the center crossmember and front lower motor mount. I also want to install a tow hook and a jacking plate on the center crossmember. Everything else I want designed to bolt in place at relatively normal locations. Intercooler, radiator, ext. I also want to encompass a proper mount for my external oil cooler and my horn.

I dont know if this will happen soon but I want to at least start collecting materials this winter. I also need to brush up and practice quite a bit with welding as I'm not very good at it.

Material wise I am thinking a mild steel. Due to it being easiest to weld and you can just MIG it.

Bad thing is whatever I end up doing and when i do it, it will be outside since I dont know anyone relatively local that owns a garage. I will post up some drawings once I'm done. I normally like to just "wing it" but material isnt cheap and im not made of money.

Pusher fans dont work. They scatter the air flow because air will deflect off of the solid pieces of core and come back out towards the fan. You can verify this by feeling the fan pushing out air by holding your hand to the fan as it pushes.

Dual core radiators are a complete waste of money and space in the engine bay. The cooling system is only as effective as your thermostat and fan settings. The dual core thickness can also cause an air pressure build up behind the intercooler and decrease the intercoolers effectiveness by reducing the air that can pass through it quickly to transfer heat.

Not that it matters in new england or anything. In texas I noticed increased temperatures after adding a dual core aluminum radiator to a car. Just wasn't effective at quickly transferring heat like a single core oem unit. Also noticed fans ran constantly because they were less effective at pulling the same volume of air through the radiator

Nice build

New turbo is on the way. I decided that I wanted to rid myself of the hx35. It pulled like hell but it doesnt exactly make power where I want it.

I had origonally gotten the hx35 in the beginning of the build. I honestly should have went down the path of a 16g or maybe a 20g but is what it is.

After alot of research and a few recommendations from local friends I decided to keep the t3 manifold and I went with a PTE 5557 with a .63 A/R 4 bolt exit. Spoke on the phone today with precision for clarification of oil feed psi. PTE claims that, for this unit, no less than 15 psi of oil at idle and no more than 150 psi of oil at WOT. So it's looking like I wont need to restrict the oil feed like from the OFH ether.
^correct this if I am wrong.

Turbo came in today. Next paycheck I will be contacting Morrison fab for an O2 housing and then install will begin.

PTE 5557 T3 .63 A/R 4 Bolt 2.5 inch Exit.
FB_IMG_6359966469669831267.jpg

Last edited:
Currently deciding if I want to keep the RedJack Racing t3 manifold I have and get a new o2 housing made or if i want to get a new manifold/hot parts from morrison fabrication.
The RJR manifold has cracked once before and I sent it to a local friend of mine who repaired it. I have heard that if a manifold cracks, it will over and over again. Anyone know for sure?
Ether way, decisions are to be made soon.

Placed an order with Morroson Fabrication for a new manifold. My Redjack racing one cracked once again so it was time for a new one. Got the full hot parts kit with it. Once installed the 5557 will go on. Car is currently still parked. Haven't been working on it due to weather.
I haven't been acquiring much parts as I am saving up for paint. Going with a light silver.

This sunday I'm taking a road trip down to New York to pick up an interior from a partout. As of now all I have is front seats and a dash. The gentleman I'm buying it from is giving me everything else for a steal so I'm making the drive to pick it up.

This sunday I'm taking a road trip down to New York to pick up an interior from a partout. As of now all I have is front seats and a dash. The gentleman I'm buying it from is giving me everything else for a steal so I'm making the drive to pick it up.
Nice find. You're lucky you found something fairly close by - not nearly as many DSMs out in the western states.

I got the interior. 250 for everything beside the dash and front seats. Even has OEM floor mats. It is in PERFECT condition. If the guy said he had never sat in the car before, I would have believed him. Ordered sound deadening today, sounding rubber, and some foam to make the interior a bit more pleasant. Finally getting warmer. Snow has melted. Season is beginning.

I got the interior. 250 for everything beside the dash and front seats. Even has OEM floor mats. It is in PERFECT condition. If the guy said he had never sat in the car before, I would have believed him. Ordered sound deadening today, sounding rubber, and some foam to make the interior a bit more pleasant. Finally getting warmer. Snow has melted. Season is beginning.
That's awesome, can't wait to see some pics when you get it all installed.

Transmission has had some issues since I got it. I will be taking it to RRT Motorsports since they are fairly local to me and I hear they do amazing work.
Current plan is interior is going to be installed, to include OEM everything, something special, and new sound dampening everywhere I can.
After that I will be pulling everything but the motor. Transmission will go to RRT and then once that gets back, the vast majority of the new parts are going on.
I'm trying to use as many small companies as I can. I can appricate them so much more than the big ones. I will have archer fab, boosted, morrison fab, and bsfab in my engine bay. A touch of all of the supporting fabrication companies (that I know of).

FINALLY a nice day. Interior is in. Spare tire delete panel is in. Shout out to Archer Fab and a local for the panel and the interior. Panel was a bit of a pain to get in. Very tight. but built with percision in mind and you can totally tell. Craftmanship is outstanding.
Interior was a breese. First time I have ever seen a headliner in my car. Same with rear seats and the truck lid thing. Still need to find a good grey airbag and clips for the rear seat. Today was a very productive day. Many many more parts waiting to be put on. Stay tuned.
20200328_091923.jpg
20200328_105149.jpg
20200328_120113.jpg
20200328_125926.jpg
20200328_144327.jpg
20200328_144330.jpg
20200328_144357.jpg
20200328_144410.jpg

Bunch of sensors are in. I have to take out my wiring harness and go through it. A long while back I deleted a bunch of wires and 2 setsnof them were the boost solenoid and the maf sensor wires. I have to find where I clipped them to run a gm flex fuel sensor and I am going to be running a mac 3 port pressure solenoid as a boost controller. A few body parts are coming in and vinyl to wrap my car. Also new tires and I have recently received a set of coilovers.

Pandemic is really throwing a monkey wrench in my plans. Origonally I was planning on being finished and on the road by the end of may but it is looking more and more like mid june. I hope this ends soon. God bless yall and stay safe out there.

Placed an order for a carbon hood today. For all yall looking for one, carbon creations is having a sale on oem style hoods. I got mine for 600 shipped. Sale is only going for 17 more days. Also placed a small order for some little things I have been needing. Exhaust manifold gasket, and t3 gasket for the new manifold are on that list. This weekend my sensors should be in so I am pulling the wiring harness to go through it to rewire some things and make the new sensor wiring look presentable.
Also, I am on high alert for 2g front seats. If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy that has some please let me know. Reupholstering seats is very expensive and if i can find some seats local for cheap then i would grab those in a heart beat.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back