The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

JUN camshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle_T

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2008
Muskego, Wisconsin
Ive done some searching but most information Ive found is regarding the JUN 272 cams. Im interested in the 264/264 cams. I have read that the JUN cam typically has more lift than most cams in the same area. Im mainly looking for some more info on them or some personal experience.

Im looking to run straight 264/264's with my evo3 16g setup. I was to retain as much off boost response, midrange power and torque as I can. I feel the 264 will do as I want. Just wondering if the JUN will be good with the 16g or if I should go to something a little more mild like an HKS cam.

Delta regrinds are a joke...

The Jun series of camshaft are held to the highest quality during grinding and the profiles that they use are awesome. The JUN 272 is the most aggressive 272 I have found. More aggressive than GSC and Kelford. I know that GSC based there 272 grind off of the JUN 272 but I do not believe it is an exact match.. My evo is getting a set and if they weren't so expensive I would push them harder.

The 264s would be a great combo for ya. Small duration and a mean lift.

The Jun series of camshaft are held to the highest quality during grinding and the profiles that they use are awesome. The JUN 272 is the most aggressive 272 I have found. More aggressive than GSC and Kelford. I know that GSC based there 272 grind off of the JUN 272 but I do not believe it is an exact match.. My evo is getting a set and if they weren't so expensive I would push them harder.

^ Solid Advice!!!

Ill know someone who made over 400hp and suits him just fine, it all to me depends on his her goals budget, etc, lots of choices for cams out there to pick from.

Would these be ok on a newly rebuilt stock head? Or should I look into springs? I dont plan on revving much higher than 7500.

Ill know someone who made over 400hp and suits him just fine, it all to me depends on his her goals budget, etc, lots of choices for cams out there to pick from.

They would probably make 400hp on stock cams as well.... There are lots of choices but only a select few that are worth the money and fit your combo.

Would these be ok on a newly rebuilt stock head? Or should I look into springs? I dont plan on revving much higher than 7500.

I would at least look into a mild spring upgrade for the 264s. Something like a manley or crower spring. The 272s require a serious spring to handle the ramp.

They would probably make 400hp on stock cams as well.... There are lots of choices but only a select few that are worth the money and fit your combo.

I would at least look into a mild spring upgrade for the 264s. Something like a manley or crower spring. The 272s require a serious spring to handle the ramp.

Lots of guessing. Where are the facts? A comparison between all brands of 272 or 264 cams would be nice.

Well from whats posted above it should be good, I say for the price get them and throw them on and hit the dyno.

Thank you for posting FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE instead of "my friend.." style advice. I've never even heard of the JUN cams until now. Going to have to look into their 264s.

boostin tested them on a evo9

"Here's a comparison between a set of Jun 272 Evo 9 Cams and a set of GSC S3 Evo 9 Cams. The boost level is the same (40 psi). The only change in this test were the cams."

Attachments

• cam test.jpg
    cam test.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 941
Thats quite a deal on JUN's. Thought you were trying to find them new and buy them outright.

Our springs are decent, but beehives are a good upgrade. I went with Kiggly's as they are well known and havent had any issue with them spinning up to 8k.

boostin tested them on a evo9

"Here's a comparison between a set of Jun 272 Evo 9 Cams and a set of GSC S3 Evo 9 Cams. The boost level is the same (40 psi). The only change in this test were the cams."

Mivec really makes it unfair... Thats all I am going to say to that.

Does JUN make camshafts for the 6 bolt 4g63? I thought they only had them for 7 bolts?:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back