The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Josh's 1997 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GsXdSmKingGsX

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 13, 2008
Plainview, Minnesota
Welllll. About 5 months ago I bought another DSM after swearing to myself that I wouldn't after about a year of not owning one. I felt like I was dying inside a little without one.:p

Anyways. Its a 1997 Eclipse GSX w/ 156,XXX miles.

My plans: 450hp on a stock bottom end with the old school FP Green.(I do not own the following yet) Tuning with ECMlink v3 on FIC 1000cc's and a Shep Stage 3 with Tim's 4 spyder diff mod. Right now I have denso 660's in the car just so I can get a feel for tuning because I am farely new to that aspect of these cars.

I have slowly been aquiring parts in the hope of knocking the whole thing out in one giant sweep.

I havent got much progress because of how little time I have in the Army, but I'm getting out soon so you will see many more updates to come!

Attachments

• 253970_1718096113752_1278720091_1426469_4680359_n.jpg
    253970_1718096113752_1278720091_1426469_4680359_n.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 253970_1718096153753_1278720091_1426470_7488713_n.jpg
    253970_1718096153753_1278720091_1426470_7488713_n.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 142
  • img_0156.jpg
    img_0156.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
The last pic... Is that when you messed you bumper up? haha

Yeah. Thats after my bumper was stomped on by a drunk guy. I have a black new one sitting right next to me that just arrived the other day. I still have to trim it for my GReddy FMIC.

**Update. I got my Aeromative AFPR w/SS lines today!

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111103.jpg
    Snapshot_20111103.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 127
Well, I got my ARP head studs and bolts today. Also found out that my starter took a dump and that my battery is bad. Oh yeah, my Defi oil sending unit is leaking too. Nothing a little teflon tape cant fix though ;)

I still need to go pick up an angle grinder and find the bolts for my bumper.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111111.jpg
    Snapshot_20111111.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 122
I havent got much progress because of how little time I have in the Army, but I'm getting out soon so you will see many more updates to come!

Same here, I am in the Navy and its all been overseas. So my 98 GSX has been in a garage for almost 6 years. :toobad: But I am out in 100 days, so I will be rebuilding mine too.

Good Luck! :thumb:

Same here, I am in the Navy and its all been overseas. So my 98 GSX has been in a garage for almost 6 years. :toobad: But I am out in 100 days, so I will be rebuilding mine too.

Good Luck! :thumb:

I have 111 days left. So we will be right around the same time. I'll keep you posted on the build!

will you be upgrading the suspension? i need stock springs for my GSX so if you want to sell them let me know.

Lookin good man. Keep it up. The old school green is an excellent turbo choice. Great pump gas turbo. I got 389hp on 91octane gas.

Thanks man. I finally got my 1000cc's ordered and will post again once they arrive. I'm looking into transmissions right now. Its going to be a tough choice.

will you be upgrading the suspension? i need stock springs for my GSX so if you want to sell them let me know.

Those are already gone, man. Sorry. They have been upgraded to Tien coilovers. Its my most expensive mod to this car to this date LOL.

Hey bro where you at in oklahoma?

I'm in the Lawton/Ft. Sill area man!

UPDATE: I tried firing the car up for the 1st time in a few months today to find out that it wont hold an idle. I replaced the plugs, wires and gas to no avail. Tomorrow I'm going to try to recalibrate my TPS to see what happens. Never again will I wait so long.

Last edited:
I used to have that same intercooler...

Looks good man! Keep up the great work, the FP Green looks like a ton of fun!

Are you trying to hit that 450awhp on plain pump? Or pump and meth? E85?

I used to have that same intercooler...

Looks good man! Keep up the great work, the FP Green looks like a ton of fun!

Are you trying to hit that 450awhp on plain pump? Or pump and meth? E85?

Thanks man! My goal is 450awhp on 93 with no meth or anything on a stock block.. E85 isnt available here sadly. And believe me, thr Green is a blast ;)

You may find it difficult to hit 450awhp on 93 and stock redline with an FP Green, especially the older version. Maybe on a dynojet though.

The couple I know of that were dyno'd on 93 E10 were run on a Mustang dyno and saw in the neighborhood of 400-410whp/420-440wtq @ 25psi, which is just about where they are supposed to really wake up. Granted everyone's setup is different, in addition to weather/altitude density..

Provided your fuel system and valve train can support it and your VE doesn't tank up top, you could wind out higher and hit those numbers more easily. I see you have "Vishnu 272s" but I have no idea what those would perform like, and based on whats listed in your profile it seems like your stock intake manifold may hold you back from where you need to be to make that power.

I think I'm going to get it. Theres a guy making just shy of that on a standard 20g and a unstroked motor so I think its possible. Thank you for your opinion though. If I get 400 out of it I would be happy.

Also, sorry for the confusion, I have Vishnu adjustable cam gears and Kelford 272's. I'm not quite sure why I filled in my mod list like that but.. Oh well. Now you know.

Sounds like a decent build josh, ill be starting a build thread once i get engine done, coming along.

400 whp is definitely doable with a good tune. looks like a good build man. were you able to get it running stable yet?

Sounds like a decent build josh, ill be starting a build thread once i get engine done, coming along.
Thanks, bro. I'm not going for anything spectacular. Just a quick and streetable car.
400 whp is definitely doable with a good tune. looks like a good build man. were you able to get it running stable yet?

God no. It still wont idle. I'm starting to get pissed off too LOL. The only thing I can think of is that I got bad gas in there somewhere or somebody pissed in my tank.:notgood:

Thats my goal a reliable, quick street car, once i get a tsi, lots of parts i needed stock block, but a lot of other mods, and new parts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back