The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

johnny racecar's fmic, who has one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
that thing flows? not air i would hope....throttle response would be horrible with that much ristriction...

Very nice packaging I might add. My 3yo got to it before I could and survived :D.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Can see the size diff from the small RRE FMIC I currently run :thumb:

so anyone want to tell me if he still sells the one with the outlets facing back?

hakcenter, is there any way you can take a pic of where your pipes attach to the inlet and outlet of your intercooler, also if you could tell us/take a pic of your bumper and how much cutting was required... i would be very thankful

Tyrus said he will still make the "backdoor" style, but they will be 295 shipped now, still not a bad deal, I will buy one after I hear a little on how well it flows and performs.

DSM90AWD said:
Very nice packaging I might add. My 3yo got to it before I could and survived :D.

Can see the size diff from the small RRE FMIC I currently run :thumb:

The only problem with the street RRE core is that it is a Griffin. I run the exact size with the Spearco option, 2-221. Flows 1080CFM @ 1.5 PSI drop and is capable of supporting 760HP. Spearco gives specs for their cores at www.turboneticsinc.com just click on the spearco airto air IC's.
PS: I run a 60-1 at 18-20 psi on pump. 6 bolt being rebuilt by Buschur will run higher. It's just not size that determines an IC's specs.

sweet97 said:
The only problem with the street RRE core is that it is a Griffin. I run the exact size with the Spearco option, 2-221. Flows 1080CFM @ 1.5 PSI drop and is capable of supporting 760HP. Spearco gives specs for their cores at www.turboneticsinc.com just click on the spearco airto air IC's.
PS: I run a 60-1 at 18-20 psi on pump. 6 bolt being rebuilt by Buschur will run higher. It's just not size that determines an IC's specs.

Posted my resonse HERE as getting a bit off topic making comparisons of other cores ;)

If i want to buy the Johnny Race core... does anyone know where i can get the FULL SET of piping for it? Or would i have to custom make it all?

For the most part it's going to have to be custom made, but you can simplify a large portion of that by using the upper pieces from dejon or sls or something like that.

plomaximus said:
If i want to buy the Johnny Race core... does anyone know where i can get the FULL SET of piping for it? Or would i have to custom make it all?

One of the local dsm clubs is making and selling full kits using this core. It comes with all the pipes except the uicp I believe. I cant remember which one it is though, maybe someone can chime in.

hakcenter said:
I used straightline specialties pipe kit, worked practically perfect.

what pipes come with the kit??

and where do the pipes run?

it is for a side to side intercooler or top to bottom??

LOL as you can see i am very interested in the piping kit...

i have the johnny racecar intercooler and its been a pain in the ass making piping for it

edit: what size diameter in the pipe?

Looks like that kit comes with the uicp from what I can tell is this correct? Where are the ones just for the IC? I checked thh site and thats all I seen.

Edit: I see the price went up from 185 to 245.. :sosad:

i checked the site and saw only a very small, undetailed picture. The description is equally as bad. When I called today no one answered, twice. Also no replys to email..... looks like these guys want our business reeeeeal bad :notgood:

What's involved in getting the front bumper off?

I've had my FMIC for like six months now, and its about time I put it on. I'm collecting the piping and couplers as we speak.

If anyone can provide details on the removal of the bumper and whether or not the bumper insert has to come of or get cut, I'd really appreciate it.

Is there any way to get 2.25 inch piping around the drivers side without cutting into anything or losing the a/c? I have a J pipe that is going to drop down between the fans.

THANKS. :rocks:

someone needs to make a kit for this intercooler for a 14b/16g setup and sell it...really.....i don't have the time to do one.....

:D

someone sell me your piping....LOL

This question is for hakcenter or anyone else who owns the back door style FMIC from JR.

Did you have to cut the bumper to make it fit? The metal part.

I'm looking for an intercooler that back door style and was just about to buy this one:

http://www.extremeintercoolers.com/new_page_2.htm

Which my friend has and did not require cutting but then I saw the JR one which is alot less. ETS sells there FMIC for $349 + $40 dollars shipping.

The JR ones almost $100 less which makes me more tempted to go that route but it I dont have the needed tools or a place to be hacking up my bumper. They look the same though so I'm wondering if the bumper needs work or not.

94EclipseGST said:
What's involved in getting the front bumper off?

I've had my FMIC for like six months now, and its about time I put it on. I'm collecting the piping and couplers as we speak.

If anyone can provide details on the removal of the bumper and whether or not the bumper insert has to come of or get cut, I'd really appreciate it.

Is there any way to get 2.25 inch piping around the drivers side without cutting into anything or losing the a/c? I have a J pipe that is going to drop down between the fans.

THANKS. :rocks:

You can make it fit with the A/C. You can also get 2.5" piping around the drivers side I did it. Its a bit of a squeeze with the oil filter housing but if you do it right you will have plenty of room. I got creative with a couple of small bends I cut out of the U Bends. The parts I wasnt going to use. My pictures arent the best but you might be able to see a little from this

kristmen said:
This question is for hakcenter or anyone else who owns the back door style FMIC from JR.

Did you have to cut the bumper to make it fit? The metal part.

I'm looking for an intercooler that back door style and was just about to buy this one:

http://www.extremeintercoolers.com/new_page_2.htm

Which my friend has and did not require cutting but then I saw the JR one which is alot less. ETS sells there FMIC for $349 + $40 dollars shipping.

The JR ones almost $100 less which makes me more tempted to go that route but it I dont have the needed tools or a place to be hacking up my bumper. They look the same though so I'm wondering if the bumper needs work or not.

I know on the regular one JRC sells you have to cut the bumper, at least I did. I believe (unless he changed it) there was a guy on here a few pages back that tried the backdoor and it was a little too short to go through the radiator ports correctly. I dont know if he made it longer or not.

You might want to email him or search this thread a few pages ago and see if that person got it to fit right.

4sfead said:
You can make it fit with the A/C. You can also get 2.5" piping around the drivers side I did it. Its a bit of a squeeze with the oil filter housing but if you do it right you will have plenty of room. I got creative with a couple of small bends I cut out of the U Bends. The parts I wasnt going to use. My pictures arent the best but you might be able to see a little from this

Thanks for the picture, that's good news for me. Unfortunately, I had to put off the IC job because I need to install my afpr so the car will run properly. :thumb:

4sfead said:
I know on the regular one JRC sells you have to cut the bumper, at least I did. I believe (unless he changed it) there was a guy on here a few pages back that tried the backdoor and it was a little too short to go through the radiator ports correctly. I dont know if he made it longer or not.

You might want to email him or search this thread a few pages ago and see if that person got it to fit right.

Well i know he corrected the backdoor one so it fits now but I dont know how tall it is.

The one ETS sells is 7.2 inches and it fit without cutting the bumper. I just need to know how tall the backdoor model is and I havent gotten a reply to my email :|

did he stop selling it? i dont see the back door model on his site...

When I said bumper, I ment crash beam btw. Not the bumper cover.

You shouldnt have had to cut the crash beam if the i/c is based on the 6 inch model or is it the 8?

The ETS 7.2 inch one mounts right on the bottem of the crash beam without cutting.. I really want to order the JRC one but I dont have the needed tools or a place to do any crash beam cutting :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back