The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

JMF VS FP Stock Replacement Exhaust Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ICM_MikeLago

Supporting VIP
Nov 1, 2012
Silver Springs, Nevada
Hey guys,

I am looking to purchase a new exhaust manifold and have two options in mind. The first being Forced Performance and the second being JM Fabrications. I have googled and searched for a thread that compares the two, but found nothing. The exhaust manifold will be spooling a Evo3 Big 16G for about a month until I purchase a FP HTA DSM86. My questions are...
  • Does one flow better than the other?
  • Why is JMF so much more expensive? Is it just because its tubular and not casted?
  • In your personal opinion, if budget wasn't a concern which would you choose and why?

^^ what are you talking about dude!! Have you ever even had or seen a dnp mani in person?? I mean you can have your own opinion but to totally bash them and say do not buy is abit over board! There's is absolutely nothing wrong with them and I have one and live in Hawaii were everything rust extra fast and the hot sun cracks everything it can. I even got my dnp second hand and it still looks and performs amazingly. Not even a sign of cracking or breaking or cheap anything. The only thing that's happen to mine is the usual color change from heat and my dnp name plate came off, but who cares. Since my reputation far exceeds yours I say to others don't listen to this guy he probably had a knock off one. Again there is nothing wrong with a genuine dnp exhaust maniflod nothing at all!!! DO BUY GENUINE DNP PRODUCTS!!!! Lol

^^^ Mine was not a knock off, "DUDE" but, ok, whatever you say.

I will post pics I have saved on my old computer when I get around to it.

On a side note: I just wanted to let people know i.e. New comers to DSMs to not do what so many of us have done in the past. Go through the ranks of buying crap that we are only going to upgrade from in the near future. How many of us if we could do it all over again wouldn't have bought that shit exhaust manifold, junk IC piping kits, greddy BOVs, knock off wastegates, autozone water pumps, injen turbo inlet pipe (LOL) and just all those parts we shouldn't have bought in the first place but were new to DSMs and wasted the money like idiots LOL.

All I'm saying is, save up, and buy real deal parts/upgrades...that's all. I want every DSMer to go about mods the best way possible ya know.

Sorry if my opinion sucks^^^

Just because I haven't used this username until now doesn't mean im new. Been into DSMs for a long time LOL but like I said Mr. Hawaii 50... "whatever you say". Oh, and, I'm so jealous of all your "Rep points" LOL. I'm not even going to tell you what my main username is!!

For this Hawiian to be all about DNP exhaust manifolds clearly shows his race level...

:cool:

Ok well both of your experiences can be true just based on the locations of where you both live. Extreme cold and heating can wreak havoc in the best of parts. With that said I have an fp manifold and I love it. It is a different animal above 5k rpms even on a 14b

Haha!!! Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it. MyEclipse97, you were bashing the DNP and it sounded like you may have been over exaggerating your bad experience with the DNP manifold. If I owned a manifold that cracked once I would possibly repair it. If it cracked again I would probably consider retiring it and not wait for it to crack all over the place LOL.

Lol!! what makes dnp any less the real deal than any other budget manifold? And I didn't mention my rep worrying about you being jealous, only so others can see where I'm coming from. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with yours, I just don't agree with them being junk. I think out of all the budget dsm flange tubular mani's out there DNP is up there on top!! I plan to see mine take me into the 10's before any need to upgrade!! And now that my machine shop is up and running, ill be fabbing all my own parts from here on out!!! :) And I got mine on the hookup for under $100, so ill gladly use it till all the welds crack hahahaha!!

Last edited:
Dnp works ok for the lower end. Once you start pushing on them the do suck. I have seen more issues with the bigger flange manifolds though. My t4 half ass twin scroll had the support rod crack within the first month and I barely drive the car. Then after that the wastegate collector cracked 4 more different times all along different welds. All properly rewelded. That I think was just a design flaw.

For the majority of you guys I'm sure you'll find the 6 and 7cm housing being a choke point well before the fp manifold. It's flowed enough to go 9s a few times. It's more of the bang for the buck manifold.

I have no experience with the Dsm flanges jmf. I'm sure it flows a ton and I'd really like to test it's limits.

Lol!! what makes dnp any less the real deal than any other budget manifold? And I didn't mention my rep worrying about you being jealous, only so others can see where I'm coming from. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with yours, I just don't agree with them being junk. I think out of all the budget dsm flange tubular mani's out there DNP is up there on top!! I plan to see mine take me into the 10's before any need to upgrade!! And now that my machine shop is up and running, ill be fabbing all my own parts from here on out!!! :) And I got mine on the hookup for under $100, so ill gladly use it till all the welds crack hahahaha!!

:thumb:

"Just because I haven't used this username until now doesn't mean im new. Been into DSMs for a long time LOL but like I said Mr. Hawaii 50... "whatever you say". Oh, and, I'm so jealous of all your "Rep points" LOL. I'm not even going to tell you what my main username is!!

For this Hawiian to be all about DNP exhaust manifolds clearly shows his race level..."

You must have added a few things to your last post!! I didn't realize how much you are hammering me for being in Hawaii!! What does we're I live have anything to do with it??? I was actually born in Chicago if you really must know which is funny because this is we're you claim to be from!! And everyone can see the type of racing I do!! Just look at my mods and timeslips dude!!! I don't see anywhere showing yours and if your other account is so much better than this one then show us by all means blow our minds dude!! Hahaha Its a good thing I won't drop to your level and start bashing you bro!! Oh the things I could say LOL!!! And you even say jmf sucks, dang bro you really don't appreciate others work or know anything about quality!!

^^^ Mine was not a knock off, "DUDE" but, ok, whatever you say.

I will post pics I have saved on my old computer when I get around to it.

On a side note: I just wanted to let people know i.e. New comers to DSMs to not do what so many of us have done in the past. Go through the ranks of buying crap that we are only going to upgrade from in the near future. How many of us if we could do it all over again wouldn't have bought that shit exhaust manifold, junk IC piping kits, greddy BOVs, knock off wastegates, autozone water pumps, injen turbo inlet pipe (LOL) and just all those parts we shouldn't have bought in the first place but were new to DSMs and wasted the money like idiots LOL.

All I'm saying is, save up, and buy real deal parts/upgrades...that's all. I want every DSMer to go about mods the best way possible ya know.

Sorry if my opinion sucks^^^

I'm not even going to tell you what my main username is!!

For this Hawiian to be all about DNP exhaust manifolds clearly shows his race level...

:cool:

1.) Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.
2.) They should ban you for multiple usernames.. honestly why would you need them except to circlejerk yourself? This would explain a lot really.
3.) What level of racing do you compete at? Slips? Video?

At the price FP sells these beauties, they might as well have just hooked up with mitsu 20 years ago and made these stock on dsm's....

Love my FP mani and have gotten a few friends to buy one as well

The reason why I think FP vs DNP is a joke is because in a purely price vs performance derby, it isn't even close. Like people have already stated, cast would be a better choice for a daily driver to keep the radiant heat from the manifold down. More people have also made more better numbers with the FP manifold than the DNP. I'm not saying DNP is trash, I don't think it is, in my opinion the FP manifold is overall better, and also happens to be half the price of a DNP mani. DNP isn't any less the real deal than any other budget manifold, but in my opinion isn't a budget manifold, aren't they still selling these for 600$ a pop? For my money, I would rather spend a little extra and get a JMF or punishment tubular. Scratch that, I don't think I would spend over 500$ on a manifold that wasn't at least t3, but that is one man's preference.

^^ that's cool bro. I never mentioned anything about fp and was only defending dnp from being bashed to death. Fp cast is a amazing manifold for the price and I'd be running one if I didn't get my dnp on the mad hook up!! And ya I agree you can't really compare a cast manifold vs a ss hand made and welded manifold! I mean look at the beautiful tig welds and over all design on the jmf mani, it takes someone with alot if skill and steady hands to do that caliber of work over and over again. The fp cast is just that cast from a mold easy to duplicate!

^^ that's cool bro. I never mentioned anything about fp and was only defending dnp from being bashed to death. Fp cast is a amazing manifold for the price and I'd be running one if I didn't get my dnp on the mad hook up!! And ya I agree you can't really compare a cast manifold vs a ss hand made and welded manifold!
I wish I had the hook up. I could use a sweetheart deal every once and awhile :thumb:

Haha 808 all day brah!! You have a nice setup going on bro!! Keep at it :) you ever had it on the track yet?
It hasn't been on anything but bricks. I can't seem to find/tune in the damn latencies for my pte 1200's on ECUflash, all i found was the evo ones and they make my car idle like shit and go crazy lean. Trying to work on a solution, I posted on the tuning subforum, hopefully someone can help me.

With link you tell it what size injector and all, but you still have to set global and dead time yourself and it takes abit to find that sweet spot. There are numbers to start with but every setup is different as well as injector. This is one reason I like fic especially now that they have data match, maybe that's what you might wanna consider changing the brand of injector. Maybe send this guy a email he's always been helpful to me. Remote Tuning,Custom Chips & ECU Flashing - DSM Classifieds

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back