The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

JMF intake manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSM_GSX01

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 27, 2011
La Junta, Colorado
Ok i want to make 400-500hp maybe more if i can. I want to upgrade my manifold to JMF but dont know what to go with. The Drag or Street or Race Version. I was going to just use my stock manifold but i will be loosing power.

Also i am doing a fuse box relocation and i know i can delete some sensors so what ones can i with the JMF and using dsmlink?

I am going with S2 cams and high-rev springs. And i dont know what your asking? I want power at wheels. Is that what your asking.

I going to be doing some drag in summer and some road racing also. I want top end. Is a 2.3 better for top end or low?

And so the EGR and MDP both can be deleted in my wiring harness? Correct.

I have to stick with the build i already put a lot of money in it. So what would be better for my set up?

I would ask people who are using the same cams as you what manifold they like. Or maybe the manufacturer of your cam. That is going to be better information than people randomly posting what they heard or read. If search a little. I doubt you want the street if you plan on making over 500hp.

You built a stroked engine for down low power, I'm assuming. I would just guess that you're going to be living life under the 7-8k area, a street manifold or race would probably be what you're after. I also use a 2.3, and opted for the race manifold based off what I heard/read and was told.

Yea it is going to build power in lower RPMs so will a Street or Race manifold be better? I am going for the best. Also what throttle body should i run?

You can also open up the stock manifolds inlet diameter to match a larger throttle body. Or you can save face and go with the Race manifold. I'm sure you would be very happy with either, one is free but less appealing, the other is a work of art by JMF.

Yea it is going to build power in lower RPMs so will a Street or Race manifold be better? I am going for the best. Also what throttle body should i run?

You are worrying about your stroker motor too much. Your cams don't know what stroke you have. They will determine your powerband and tou should match your intake too them.

Keep in mind that most manifolds are designed with a 2.0L engine in mind, the plenum area is based on a 2.0L so none of the off the shelf ones will really be a perfect fit for a stroker setup anyway. I would setup the engine to make low end since thats what your short block is going to do anyway, I would use low end to midrange cams, and whichever manifold brand you chose as long as its been proven to work well on a stroker.

Ok and how will the MDP be use on dsmlink? Just like the stock one.

you don't use the mdp , but before you cut that out of the harness you can use it as another input for ecmlink, it can be used for a another sensor like a MAP sensor, or to control a solenoid.

So if i do stick with the 2g intake i can port it right.

Yes. You can port match the runners to the gasket that mates with the head, and continue an equal port into the runners as far as your porting bit can go. If its a 2g head with a 2g manifold you'll have to open up the inlet to match a 1g tb, s90 tb, etc tb. If its a 1g head and a 1g manifold match the inlet to the stock 1g tb, or open it up to fit whichever tb you choose.

FYI, if you stray away from a stock 1g or 2g Tb and you live in colder climates where this car will be used often you want to choose a tb with an IACV. There is a cnc tb (s90) sold by a vendor on this site that allows you to use your stock IACV and FIAV (the unit that bolts to the bottom of the stock tb).

I personally have had no problems here in MI with my missing Idle Air Control Valve.
Reason being, I DO NOT drive in our crappy salt stricken roads during the winter months.

If money is no issue the race manifold is a good option given the power level you want. Slap on a 1g tb or that s90 cnc tb and Bob is your fricken uncle.

I would stay away from any "race" manifold unless its a track only car, or at least used 90% of the time at the track, it makes for a not so great steet experience. We have a bigger is better mentality on this site.

That's not true in any way shape or form. You're telling me that 400ft/lbs to the wheels before 4000rpm is not good for a street car? Going from a stock port 2g head and stock intake manifold to a ported 1g head and huge smim moved my torque curve about 200rpm to the right. I'd hardly say that's enough to go telling people that it wasn't worth the gains everywhere else in the powerband.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back