The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

JGS Precision turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allgripnoslip

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 6, 2003
Livonia, Michigan
I recently bought a new DD (smartest thing Ive done since buying a dsm:D ) an 89 probe gt and I was looking around on their forums for small turbo upgrades and a few of the member referenced this website. Basically they sell log manifold kits to bolt almost any turbo to most popular vehicles and I noticed dsms were on there. In addition to selling these log manifold kits, they also sell thier own external wastegates which look very beefy and high in quality. This is not an advertisement just a little heads up or anyone looking for a place that does this kind of work. Now I can take my old dsm mitsu turbos and bolt them up to the probe:dsm:

JGS Precision Turbo

Eh, I'll pass on paying almost $300 for a log manifold that still requires work.

might be something to look at for the 420a guys even, yea the log manifolds are pretty much useless to us but it does include a kit to make your own tubular manifold, if you dare, plus the wastegates look pretty nice.

That stuff is all KA24 and 1.8L Miata parts. What does it have to do with your Probe? I have seen a couple mid 12 second Probe GT's before. Very fun cars but it take's a bit to get them there.

drivemusicnow said:
... So you bought an 89 probe to be your reliable daily driver??WTF

And then you're looking at turbo kits for it?WTF WTF

You crazy man... you crazy. ROFL
Umm the 1st gen probe gt's came factory turbo, he is looking for a upgrade. But if you are looking for reliable the 1st gen gt's arent where its at.

actually 1g's are pretty reliable, like most cars they have their issues but I have been impressed by them. My 1989 GT I just bought has 111K on it and almost no rust. My 97 awd is a rust bucket and it only has 77K on it. There are plenty of PGT's running around with 200K miles. and because the turbo is so puny on it, Id like to be able to use one of my 14b's or 16g's that I have sitting around, hence the website. Its a fun daily driver. some say they were underrated from the factory with 145 hp and 190 ft/lbs and I would def. agree.

That stuff is all KA24 and 1.8L Miata parts. What does it have to do with your Probe? I have seen a couple mid 12 second Probe GT's before. Very fun cars but it take's a bit to get them there.

If you look at the listings some might not have ford probe but they have Mazda mx-6 with the same engine code ( F2T ) which is the same thing, kinda like our cars E/T/L. It shows some of those parts on their site for 420a's which might be helpful to those with n/t's looking for a cheap turbo kit. Just sharing info FWIW.

Coup D E'Tat said:
Eh, I'll pass on paying almost $300 for a log manifold that still requires work.

JGS is GREAT awsome in the 240 world

My freind has a manifold on the SR swapped car and its great!@

KAs also swear buy there turbo parts, good company nice prices

I had a Probe SE back in 1994. Slow as dirt (118 bhp) but it was very reliable. It's a mazda mx-6 disguised as a Ford wearing domestic sheetmetal. The second gen probes weren't bad cars...not sure about the first gen if they also shared the mazda chassis, drivetrain, and engine.

allgripnoslip said:
actually 1g's are pretty reliable, like most cars they have their issues but I have been impressed by them. My 1989 GT I just bought has 111K on it and almost no rust. My 97 awd is a rust bucket and it only has 77K on it. There are plenty of PGT's running around with 200K miles. and because the turbo is so puny on it, Id like to be able to use one of my 14b's or 16g's that I have sitting around, hence the website. Its a fun daily driver. some say they were underrated from the factory with 145 hp and 190 ft/lbs and I would def. agree.

Thats kind of werid you dont see alot of 97 dsms that are rust buckets.:confused:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back