The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Jeff Bush 42R 1G sets new personal hp # 961whp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucasEnglish

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2004
Washougal, Washington
So after a nasty 3/2 shift at the end of last year that sent rockers thourgh Jeff's valve cover. . We finally got around to fixing the head and getting the car back on the dyno to make sure everything else was ok from the 15k over rev. Before we do our IPT automatic transmission conversion.

We also wanted to take the car to a Evolution dyno day that English Racing was holding at the drift office in Seattle, WA to make some exhibition pulls.

We did our base tuning to make sure all was well at Extreme Turbo Systems a few day before the DriftOffice Event. I am very happy with how constant DynoJet dynos are. We made almost the same # on both dynos which is way cool. The ETS dyno is the older style 248/224 combo VS DriftOffice 424XLC2 dyno and the readings are the same. Shows that your can compare Dynojet #.

This year should be interesting playing with the Auto. We pulled off a 9.3@158 last year at about 820hp on the 5spd. We are hopping to go faster with the auto but if anything the same times but more constant.

Some Video form ETS and DriftOffice
YouTube - Jeff Bush English Racing Built 42R 1G Does 900+ on 2 different Dynojets

Pics and Dyno sheets I like Corrected # because that is what the car is putting down. I find turbo cars at elevation can really take advantage of Corrected #.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Basic mod list

-English Racing built 9:1 alum rod motor
-Jeff Bush ported Head
-Crane cames
-Kiggly springs
-1mm Supertech Valves
-JMF Sheet metal intake
-ETS 4202 Tial housing turbo kit
-ETS 6in FMIC
-AEM EMS
-Spark Tech CDI
-8 RC1600s
-Magnafuel 750 elec fuel pump
-Ethanol fuel

155+MPH and a good 60' with an auto should be right around a 8.99 1/4mile so I see 8.XX 's in the near future.

If it makes that power with an auto I bet it will trap 160+ and easily run 8.80's. Either way, great build and keep everyone updated.

The car should be pretty solid with the auto. I just can't wait for our tracks to open to start getting some seat time. Jeff

Thank you Lucas for helping me make this dream happen.

Very nice numbers! Should be interesting with the auto; I hope you guys get some really good ET's and get the consistency that you are looking for!

I am digging the 5" intake pipe also! Are you putting the filter in the stock sidemount I/C location of the fender then?

I will be fabbing up my 5" pipe here shortly and was expecting to do a very similar setup.

The car looks great!

Good luck this season!

Beautiful, beautiful car!!

The trickiest thing with an auto is to get the thing spooled at the line, especially without nitrous.

That car should be wicked fast with the auto. Keep us posted!

I forgot to mention the kick-ass V-band manifold as well! 304 or 321-stainless? Looks like 304 but I was just wondering. Who fabbed the manifold up?

I forgot to mention the kick-ass V-band manifold as well! 304 or 321-stainless? Looks like 304 but I was just wondering. Who fabbed the manifold up?

Yeah i was wondering myself. Looks pretty sick!:hellyeah:
Nice car, nice numbers:thumb:

The ETS built Mani 304 with the Tial V-band housing. We are hopping a 75 shot will be enough for the spool.

The car has no filter just a ram air pipe. You could put a filter on the end down in the SMIC location if you wanted.

Very nice! It looks really really good!

Good luck this year!

I hope my car puts up those kind of numbers you put up with 3/4 your final boost LOL. A good 8--whp car would be pretty beast. Are you guys running 2.5 or 3" IC piping?

The Auto just went in last week. Have to setup the AEM to the auto this week. Hope to be at the track when it opens next weekend if it does not rain. It does like to rain around here though :)

Would be interesting to redyno the car with the auto in it at the same settings. I would be interested to see how much power it drops. Very nice build.

The Auto just went in last week. Have to setup the AEM to the auto this week. Hope to be at the track when it opens next weekend if it does not rain. It does like to rain around here though :)

Get a video, that thing is going to fly down the track :rocks:

Very nice setup. If you dont mind me asking, is that the stock radiator? If so, how did you fit the outlet of the compressor housing between the motor mount and the stock radiator, and run IC pipes? Any closer pics?

Wow. That thing is amazing. Can't wait to see some numbers from that auto trans and some timeslips. Keep up the good work:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back