The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

JDM valve cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxracing4500

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2012
Europe
I went to the junkyard today and I pulled a JDM valve cover, just curious if I was to post this in the classifieds how much could I expect or should I just put it on my car?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EDIT: changed link to picture. also JDM valve covers are the only ones with "Mitsubishi" on top right?

Ehhhh... it's just a valve cover. What it's worth depends on how badly the person you're selling it to needs one. :)

My guess would be $35 to $50, if it's in good shape and there are no cracks and it's not warped.

Personally, I would hang on to it so you have a spare, or one you can modify with better fittings if you decide to in the future.

I believe the JDM covers have the mitsu diamond insignia as well as say Mitsubishi.

Regards
Greg

Holding to it l. Not worth selling I think. Nice find though.

Also the jdm ones not modded..The vac line coming out of the left side there..That line should be l shaped and pointing torwards the tb..

Correct

Couldnt find a old picture of my valve cover.

:edit: found one, also a good shot of a evo III intake:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
99% sure that is a Galant VR4 valve cover. My buddy bought one new back in 99 for his 92 4/6 Talon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only to brag..But I have an extra one of these.Still red fom factory with a non modded vac line.

I only offered it to one person, So no offers please.Unless you happen to be that person.

looks like my 7 bolt came with the 16 valve one, and my 6 bolt came with the mitsubishi one. i also have both, gonna powdercoat the mitsubishi one. and also plan on keeping both, since my 16 valve cover has some stripped and cracked bolt holes.

there is a difference i noticed on the 6 bolt and 7 bolt valve covers and that is that the 6 bolt VC comes with a 90* angle breather port as the 2g 7 bolt comes with a straight out breather port.

Last edited:
GoldÐiamond;153043264 said:
Wait, that car was in the junkyard!?

hell no LOL, I was using it for an example, I found a 2g eclipse with a im guessing a galant motor swap with that same valve cover on it.

EDIT: infact I reused the gasket and havent had one leak unlike my old one, also turned out nice with a quick sand and spray job.

This is mine,

Yeah, that looks really good.

Quick sidequestion on VC's: Are the PCV valve THREADS only good for one time use?

It seems like you cannot replace a PCV valve without stripping.:confused:

Don't mean to hijack.

GoldÐiamond;153043286 said:
Yeah, that looks really good.

Quick sidequestion on VC's: Are the PCV valve THREADS only good for one time use?

It seems like you cannot replace a PCV valve without stripping.:confused:

Don't mean to hijack.

they arent one time use, the valve cover is just soft material, if your wanting to delete the PCV you can always tap a 1/8 npt through hole into a catch can, if you intend on keeping the PCV you willneed to find a 1/8BSP tap to chase the threads.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back