The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

JDM Tranny?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyUglyCoyote

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 7, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Ive heard of people getting tranny's that are able to switch from AWD to just 2WD. Does anyone know about these?

not the transmission, the transfer case is what is like that.

search around for "JDM switchable transfer case"

well actually the center diff and the transfer case are what makes it "switchable". There is a bolt on the side of the trans in the passenger wheel well, and one on the end of the transfer case. They are marked 2wd>4wd. My tranny is one of the switchables, and as for how i got it.....it just showed up when I bought a used trans. I guess its what they had in stock.

On a completly different note, is there a easy way to tell what year the trans is? I'm curious to what exactly i have under there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back