The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

JDM tranny

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogergoochman

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 24, 2003
toledo, Ohio
I have a 91 TSI AWD and i found a guy with a JDM VR4 tranny with low miles and i was wondering if it would bolt up to the US 4G63? thanks zach

Does it come with the transfer case? The transmission will bolt up with no problems, but your current driveshaft may not be the right spline for the tcase. Is the transmission switchable from 2WD to 4WD? If you're not sure, you can ask him or there are stickers on the tcase and transmission. I had a switchable one, and I loved it. It was convenient for taking it to a 2WD dyno or just taking it to the track to compare differences between 2WD and AWD.

im pretty sure it has the transfer case. so then it should work fine

I believe so, but I could be wrong. Your driveshaft may have a different number of splines than the JDM transfer case.

Maybe someone else can chime in?

Most JDM trannies don't have the right final drive gear ratio. What are the #'s stamped on it? :dsm:

I bought the same " JDM" GVR4 motor complete with trans and transfer case (ebay purchase). Found out it was a 1990 (6 bolt, 22 spline transfer case, and external oil cooler plumbing, etc....) Pain in the rear to get the motor in but drivetrain wise - it bolted right up to my 94 TSi AWD's original driveshaft.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back