The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

JDM Took Hook hmm??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is actually something i have wanted to do. Since last time a friend got towed in his turbo 420a (blew a gear in the transmission right out), it put alot of pressure on his intercooler and risks breaking it. With a tow hook it would have made life alot easier. Also i like the look of a nice red tow hook on a all black car.

:ohdamn:
Who cares if this guy wants a tow hook. So many damn haters on this forum.

I guess that's because there are so many Honduh ricers showing up on this forum. I've had my '99 GSX since '00 and it's never been towed yet. It's a daily driver...it's an "only driver" and it's possible modded out more than many and sometimes runs like crap. but it always runs.

Just saying.

Put a tow hook on it, I could have used one a few times when my cars decided to breakdown on the side of the road. Typically I've got to pull my front bumper cover and have the driver hook the front LCA's. Just think before you install it, it's there to pull your 2700+ lb. car onto a flatbed not look "cool" and "JDM".

For those of you with common sense, how much would you pay to see a tow truck driver try to pull this DSM up on a flat bed? This is an example of a NONE functional tow hook. :applause:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

:dsm:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/custom-fabrication/420818-metal-front-bumper-tow-hook-mount-9.html

this topic has been covered, here on post #247 i start on how i did my, doesn't look "jdm" you cant even see it, unless the cap is off its been tested over and over.

I was considering that idea too But you have to remove the front bumper support. some people like me that want to keep the bumper support there wont be able to do that. Do you have any other idea on an alternate placement so you can leave the bumper support in??

you dont need front bumper support, just makes you heavier n slower.

Honda's have tow hook to get pulled out of th ditch they flew into when hitting vtec in traffic. Dsm's have flat bed tow truck because we make 600hp on stock awd drivetrains that just happen to break while we fly by the honda's in the ditch.:hellyeah:

Its good to have if you pop a intercooler hose on the track:ohdamn:

The only way to pull the car off the road was to hook it around my FMIC inlet pipe..was not fun in any way. I plan to get a hook mounted on the right side where the fog lights were.

I have not entered an event that requires a tow hook yet but I was thinking about getting these if I did and mounting it in a fashion that it could be pulled out of my bumper when needed so I don't look like a retarded JDM kid all the time.

IO Port Racing Supplies: Heavy Duty Tow Strap

he wont last much longer.

Hahaha thats funny. All I did was make a comment on how negative a lot of the dsm owners I have met. Who are u to make a comment like that? That's fine troll, troll on!!! Haha

I guess that's because there are so many Honduh ricers showing up on this forum. I've had my '99 GSX since '00 and it's never been towed yet. It's a daily driver...it's an "only driver" and it's possible modded out more than many and sometimes runs like crap. but it always runs.

Just saying.

Wish I could say the same. Mine probably has more miles on the back of a tow truck than on the road.:ohdamn:

ROCK IT!!!!

I get more compliments on my tow hook than I do on my Dyno sheet (331whp)

#### what other people think, did you buy the car for their approval? if you want a tow hook, buy one. Want neons, buy them. want a batman bodykit, do it up. Why does everyone need approval first? If you don't like being told that your car is ###, then learn to fight, but don't change what you like based on what other douche bags think. It's not their car.

Check mine out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look how they strap an evo 8 & 9. Tow hook in the front (middle of the bumper, under the car) and in the rear is around the control arms. As long as the tow hook is mounted with good support I think it should be fine.

You don't Tow a DSM, you trailer it. As stated before, if it's a fashion statement you're going for, you've got the wrong platform.

He has a FWD N/T. He can be towed. ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back