The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

JDM bolt ons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rEvolution94

Probationary Member
Sep 20, 2011
Prospect, Connecticut
Hi guys I am currently stationed in england and have a 94 Evo 2 GSR. im trying every means possible to bring the car home with me but if i was to fail and just basically disassemble the whole car and swap most of the bolt ons and cams and such int a 2 or 1g would it be that different to a stock DSM 4G63? ( besides the big 16g i have and stuff)

Any info at all would be great

Hi guys I am currently stationed in england and have a 94 Evo 2 GSR. im trying every means possible to bring the car home with me but if i was to fail and just basically disassemble the whole car and swap most of the bolt ons and cams and such int a 2 or 1g would it be that different to a stock DSM 4G63? ( besides the big 16g i have and stuff)

Any info at all would be great

i'd think the motor is the same, but electrical connections wont be, ECU, turbo, fuel injectors, and even possibly mounting points could all be different. Just my $.02 good luck getting the car to the US, i love the early evos. Never seen an Evo 2 in person though.

hmm thanks worst case id take all the parts and find a 94 4 door mirage to convert. I gotta say im liking RHD better than left tho

hmm thanks worst case id take all the parts and find a 94 4 door mirage to convert. I gotta say im liking RHD better than left tho

i bet RHD is tits. Have you thought about throwing all that JDM evo stuff into a galant VR4? importing things is always a hassle, let alone a car, ive done extensive research back in the day on how to import an R32 but i said screw it LOL.

There are a couple of forum members that have Evo I's and II's in the US. I can't remember their name at the moment but dig around and ask them what they had to do to import them.

Maybe someone can chime in with those member's names to help out. Good luck, your car looks sexy!

the swap can be done if you cant bring the car home.

the injectors and everything is compatible with the dsm.

the block on your car is the exact same as a 2g 7 bolt.

the ecu is different though.

your car has 510cc injectors stock. and a td05 16g turbo.

if i was you i would just do a complete swap

There are a couple of forum members that have Evo I's and II's in the US. I can't remember their name at the moment but dig around and ask them what they had to do to import them.

Maybe someone can chime in with those member's names to help out. Good luck, your car looks sexy!

that would be awesome! and thanks i actually just finished an ass load of body work and added the evo 6 wide arch to mine with an evo 3 style front

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

heres what it looked like just before the kit

all that is why i want to try and bring it back, this is the most fun car i have ever owned

I would try the Mirage swap, just decide whether or not to be bring front clips and such with you is the hard part. Best bet is to find an early 4g63 N/A model and swap it all in, hell you can slap on the body parts and maybe try the RHD conversion. AWD is possible with the early Mirages, but is a lot more work for the EVO 4 5 6 conversions. Lucky you

Make build Journal like now

You could always move to Canada and bring the Evo with you.

You could always move to Canada and bring the Evo with you.

I was thinking to something along these lines minus the moving there part LOL.

See, the guy a few posts above has an early Evo in NY. See how he did it.
Thanks for the extra pics! That thing looks really good!

Thanks man! will do. i can see why 4g63s are such monsters now LOL bone stock thing ran a 13.3 and I have a guy that does 22g clipped TD05R internals so with the new injectors and intake im getting i just want a 12 second daily

this was it bone stock.

Dan Wilkas Evo 2 Fast Show 2012 - YouTube

Well if you decide to bring the parts Over to convert... Let me know. Cause I want the hood and front bumper!

Im knee deep on a 4G63 Mirage conversion, years of research and work.
These are your options:
option 1:-cut the front clip in half and put all the AWD stuff by the dash and ship it on a pallet. At this point it is not a vehicle so no Export bullcrap to deal with(pertaining to actual vehicle customs, hence it not a vehicle no more). then buy a mirage and kindly transfer everything over, some fabrication is needed for the AWD system.

option 2: You may Import it to the US but You will have to register it as a race car only or as a show car only (collectors purposes). You will not be able to insure it ever or drive it on a public road EVER, or you will do 10 years in jail if caught*.

option 3: same as option 2 but also with option 1: having a whole car imported and transferring everything to a USDM mirage chassis to be able to drive it on public roads.

advise 1: To legally drive a "garage modified to RHD car" you actually have to take pictures of your build and show them at your DMV, then you will be required to bring the vehicle and they will inspect it, once this is complete they will issue you a new title specifying it is converted to RHD and meets all local state/fed and safety requirements. along comes a new VIN # which when pulled to verify it will say something like custom made car, or something to that effect. this way is all legal and insurable with any company willing to insure your vehicle.

note: many states have different variations of how to accomplish this conversion(RHD), but sadly not all receptionists at your local DMV knows every LAW pertaining to such a taboo topic. so you need to do your research, which I did and I now have all the facts needed to prepare my RHD EVO 6 to drive on the streets.

P.s. any of these options would end up costing you at least 7,000 dollars in custom fees, stamps, processing, broker fees and counting that you did every process in its proper step within its allowable time-frame before any one requirement expires in calendar days.

I'm not so sure it's as difficult as everyone makes it seem. A buddy of mine has a Celica GT-Four ST205 which was never sold in the US. Supposedly the previous owner pulled the engine/trans and shipped it separately from the car. Then reassembled once in the states. I'll try to have my friend contact the original owner and see what all was involved in the shipment. Regardless, this car is now 100% legally insured and registered with the original VIN, so don't believe it's impossible.

Pics to show I'm not BSing

Nice choice of car. I think your best bet is to do the Mirage switch though. It's a hell of a lot of work and hassle, but probably the best way to get the closest you can to an early Evo in the States.

Get stationed out here in Okinawa - there was an Evo III on auction last month in mainland with just 3000 miles on the clock from new!

Nice choice of car. I think your best bet is to do the Mirage switch though. It's a hell of a lot of work and hassle, but probably the best way to get the closest you can to an early Evo in the States.

Get stationed out here in Okinawa - there was an Evo III on auction last month in mainland with just 3000 miles on the clock from new!

Hey Dave! didnt know you were on this forum too. Im Tara's friend who bought the Blitz BOV through you. yea but I put the money into the wide arch kit and parts are welded on and i dont wanna destroy it just to re make the same exact car with a different frame.. then its not original I may even sent it to canada and put it in storage untill its 25 years old.

Hey Dave! didnt know you were on this forum too. Im Tara's friend who bought the Blitz BOV through you. yea but I put the money into the wide arch kit and parts are welded on and i dont wanna destroy it just to re make the same exact car with a different frame.. then its not original I may even sent it to canada and put it in storage untill its 25 years old.

Bring it to Canada,
I'm nice and close to the border I'll insure it for ya, then you should be able to get across the border and drive it like normal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back