The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G JayRacing Arc2

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With a SMIM or jmf style manifold I think one could snake it out of there easier, but stock manifolds are no chance.

Yeah the lock washer or even an interference/nyloc nut is a good idea.

I'm able to R&R the alternator without pulling the IM, just pull the battery if it's in the stock location (you should be disconnecting it anyway if you're removing the alternator) and pull your UICP. Once you drop the alternator off the back of the block you just roll it down the subframe under the IM and over the shift cables and pull it out from the passenger side. You just can't have that dumb brace that bolts to the bottom of the manifold and block installed. Maybe it's easier for me because I've got knuckle draggers for arms to reach back there.

I'm able to R&R the alternator without pulling the IM, just pull the battery if it's in the stock location (you should be disconnecting it anyway if you're removing the alternator) and pull your UICP. Once you drop the alternator off the back of the block you just roll it down the subframe under the IM and over the shift cables and pull it out from the passenger side. You just can't have that dumb brace that bolts to the bottom of the manifold and block installed. Maybe it's easier for me because I've got knuckle draggers for arms to reach back there.

Yeah I can't get my fat hands back there, and I still run the manifold support :coy:

I just made a heat shield for the alt in the front ( I need to v2 it), and I don't have power steering, so now an alt swap only takes about 5 min.

I may revisit the alt relocation in a future version of the car.

One thing I might add, the through bolt that holds the tension to the alternator backed out on me while I was driving. I recommend replacing it with a longer bolt that will thread through the alternator and then putting a lock washer/nut on it to keep it from backing out.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
actually added a lock washer and two nuts behind it haha

Aquí hay fotos de mi configuración. Hazme saber si tienes alguna pregunta.
Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back