The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

japan spec ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991_gsx

I want to number if anybaody knows were I can get a j sec engine cheap. And anybody who has this set up.

fyi theres not much benefit to jdm engines compared to usdm engines in dsm's. the only real benefit is if ur lucky enough to find one with 550 injectors and a 16g. There's also the whole cyclone thing but im not sold on the fact that it has any major benefit.

I thought jdm motors came with 220 hp and under 50,000 miles thats enough benefits for me

mebbe if you can find one of the ones with 550's and a 16g. Depending on how much it costs to get a "j spec" engine you may just be better off getting a regular 4g63 and building it up properly. 2g motors come with 210 hp. and 1g's came with 195. If you just put a little work into ur gsx u can make the usdm engine do amazing things for not a lot of money.

i'll never understand why anyone would ever wanna buy a "j-spec" motor for their eclipse/talon/laser if they already have a working engine, especially a 6-bolt. for the same amount of money it takes to buy a j-spec you could just be modding your current engine and be way ahead of the game.

in my case my ENGINE IS DEAD so im getting me another motor, JDM that is .. i wish my engine hadnt died other wish with $1500 i couldve gotten an FP Green turbo etc or watnot

well as everyone has already said. jdm is identical to USDM.. except that some have cyclone intakes, slightly larger intakes and a 16g. The cyclone is junk and the other two are hard to find. You'd be better off just rebuilding a junked engine.

I'm getting a non-running 2G eclipse but i want to know if a EVO III engine and tranny will fit in there? it's going to cost me $1,795 with everything, it comes stock with 280hp.

Does anyone know if it fits? do i need that tranny too?

engine will fit, but I think requires just some minor modification of the mounts. and im assuming the tranny will fit too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back