The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Jacking up the rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

609DSM

Proven Member
Aug 13, 2019
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
So my catback is rusty and bent in a couple places and doesnt mate properly to my converter. I know the fwd models for the 2g eclipse the last pipe goes over the rear axles, how do I go about jacking my car up in the rear? I'm planning on putting it up on 4 jack stands. I have a floor jack but it only goes up 18 inches if I remember correctly.

I dont want to mess anything up and I havent jacked up the rear yet only the front. Anyone have tips for me?

I always jack up on the rear subframe. I put a piece of wood on the jack to spread out the load. Depending on how high I need to get the car, I will put the jack stands under the car and add a few more pieces of wood to the jack to get it higher and higher.

When I messed with my FWD exhaust I found I had more room the twist & turn the muffler back piece out over the cross member if I only jacked up the rear & left the front on the ground. After the muffler is out you can jack up the front & get the whole car up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back