The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

j pipe question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrXeater

15+ Year Contributor
May 13, 2005
san diego, California
i just installed a 14b on my 2g and and am currently using the rre j-pipe nad love the power difference between it and the t25..but i have a question..the way the pipe fits into the engine bay it doesnt seem like you can use it when putting a fmic on and if so anyone else who has this j-pipe and a front mount how did you get your fmic on with it....pics would be nice...im asking because i have an evo5 front mount i want to put on

I'm guessing you want to go short route where the pipeing will exit the jpipe towards the drivers side? If so I just ran into this issure when installing my VP short route fmic. If you want to keep that jpipe you will have to hack it and put a coupler in it to move it closer to the front of the car to clear the front motor torque mount. Since clearance is an issue down there you will more then likely need 2 slim fans as well. The easy way is to do what I did and order up a jpipe from dejon tool. They exit where a fifty trim or 20g would, facing down on the drivers side of the torque mount between the 2 rad fans. With this pipe I was able to hook it up no problem and even had clearance to keep both stock fans.

Does anyone know if the J-pipe that turbochargers.com sells with their 2G install kit will work?

larsrya8 said:
Does anyone know if the J-pipe that turbochargers.com sells with their 2G install kit will work?

I'm pretty sure thats the same as most jpipes such as the RRE one and exits on the passenger side of the front torque mount (ie the wrong side for fmic with drivers side inlet). Here's a pic from the dejon tool website & a couple of my install:

Attachments

• 2-03_FIC-2gC-Pipes2.jpg
    2-03_FIC-2gC-Pipes2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 319
  • 100_0270-1.jpg
    100_0270-1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 100_0271-1.jpg
    100_0271-1.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 327
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back