The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

J pipe question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95undrpsi

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2003
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
I currently putting in a six bolt with the 14b into my car. I need to get a j pipe that will go to my stock side mount. I see slowboy sell them for a fmic or will I have to modify that one to go to my side mount? Any other suggestions?

slowboy sell them both one for a fmic or one for a side mount... the one for the side mount is shown in the 2g install kit but you should be able to get just the j pipe... if not I have one I just took off that I got from them because I just got a fmic and the other j pipe... pm me if you need it

Who sells the jpipe that points away from the sidemount.

Im trying to figure out how to connect my FMIC but the jpipe I have points to the wrong direction.

dejontool has the one i'm going to buy. check it out, goes to the stock side mount. cool as hell :)

byondevl said:
Who sells the jpipe that points away from the sidemount.

Im trying to figure out how to connect my FMIC but the jpipe I have points to the wrong direction.

Why dont people like you READ before asking quesitons like this. 3 posts up someone said SBR sells both Jpipes, one for the sidemount and one for a front mount. I wish poeple would just READ before asking quesitons.

Spoolin98 said:
Why dont people like you READ before asking quesitons like this. 3 posts up someone said SBR sells both Jpipes, one for the sidemount and one for a front mount. I wish poeple would just READ before asking quesitons.

people like me??? WHat becuase im black?? are you a racist...you racist dikhead

FYI, ive already looked on slowboy. There are two pipes, the jpipe points the same direction as the one I already have. I dont see the one pointing the oppposite direction.
The second pipe shown is the lower IC htat takes the place of your stock IC pipe.

byondevl said:
people like me??? WHat becuase im black?? are you a racist...you racist dikhead

FYI, ive already looked on slowboy. There are two pipes, the jpipe points the same direction as the one I already have. I dont see the one pointing the oppposite direction.
The second pipe shown is the lower IC htat takes the place of your stock IC pipe.

ROFL! wait, you are kidding right?

wholly crap, I just asked a question. Not to start a racial fight. WTF

Ps. Thanks for the info

byondevl said:
people like me??? WHat becuase im black?? are you a racist...you racist dikhead.
Are you serious? Like anyone knew your ethnicity from your text... Nobody said anything remotely racist except for yourself. Dont bring that $hit here - it's not what the site is for.

byondevl said:
I know for a fact that Dejon Tools sells both styles of j-pipes. There is one that aims to the passenger side of the car for side-mount intercoolers. And the other style aims straight down to make the 14b/16g a downfiring turbo. This one is commonly used with FMIc's that are side-to-side style like SlowBoy's. I have yet to see a j-pipe that actually aims to the driver's side of the car. Below, is a picture of my old 14b set-up using Dejon Tool's downfiring style j-pipe.

1641514b_03.jpg

OK i looked on dejon tool , the one they have is like 120 bucks. Do you guys know of any ( that point straight down) that you can get for like 60 or so? i checked RRE, Slowboy too, those go to the sidemount....thanks
dave

RSTwnnabe said:
OK i looked on dejon tool , the one they have is like 120 bucks. Do you guys know of any ( that point straight down) that you can get for like 60 or so? i checked RRE, Slowboy too, those go to the sidemount....thanks
dave
I picked up my Dejon down-firing pipe off of eBay for about $65 and then after I sold my 14b, I sold the j-pipe here on the classifieds for like $55 or $60. Just look around for someone selling a used one. I do agree that $120 is a little salty. I wouldnt have paid that either.

I got mine from Forced Performance for $75. I used it with my stock sidemount (along with an L-Pipe from RRE) and now with my Hahn FMIC.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back