The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

J Pipe Doesn't Fit????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lewishamilton

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 11, 2011
Here, Maryland
Trying to install a 14b on my 99 GSX and am having trouble with the Extreme PSI 16g install kit.

Am I missing something? I can't get the J-Pipe screwed into the 14b.
The screws don't seem to have the correct spacing to match up to the holes in the turbo. Has anyone had quality control problems with their stuff?

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Trying to install a 14b on my 99 GSX and am having trouble with the Extreme PSI 16g install kit.

Am I missing something? I can't get the J-Pipe screwed into the 14b.
The screws don't seem to have the correct spacing to match up to the holes in the turbo. Has anyone had quality control problems with their stuff?

Could you show us a picture of what would actually let us know something, (besides your having trouble and scratched your turbo all up. :ohdamn:) Take a picture of you holding the pipe on so we can see if the bolt holes are matching, from these pics it just looks like your really scratching up the turbo for no reason, and theres no gasket in the picture which would show you really quickly if there the same or not....

Big surprise your Ebay j-pipe does not fit. You need to elongate the holes so it will work. Cheap j-pipe=mortifications to make it work.

Big surprise your Ebay j-pipe does not fit. You need to elongate the holes so it will work. Cheap j-pipe=mortifications to make it work.

Says he's using the extreme psi 16g j-pipe.
I doubt it's the j-pipe, but he does have a point, you could get away with elongating the holes on the j-pipe in the direction you need for the bolts to line up.
I don't know where your turbo is from, but t does have the 'brand new' shine. Any idea of whether or not its a legit 14b or if its an e-bay knock off?

I doubt it's the j-pipe, but he does have a point, you could get away with elongating the holes on the j-pipe in the direction you need for the bolts to line up.
I don't know where your turbo is from, but t does have the 'brand new' shine. Any idea of whether or not its a legit 14b or if its an e-bay knock off?

I dont think its a knock off because i see the TD but we need more pictures to even know what this guys working with, whatever it is, something isn't right. It looks more like the ebay one I got with a turbo kit I used for testing and proving to myself how shitty ebay quality is.. Maybe he got it off ebay and is calling it the extreme psi because they look alike.. who knows.

E: also the hardware he's using is NOT STOCK..

Could you show us a picture of what would actually let us know something, (besides your having trouble and scratched your turbo all up. :ohdamn:) Take a picture of you holding the pipe on so we can see if the bolt holes are matching, from these pics it just looks like your really scratching up the turbo for no reason, and theres no gasket in the picture which would show you really quickly if there the same or not....

Updating the original post with more pictures to see if you guys can help. Didn't realize I was scratching it, I'll take it easy.

Thanks "supporting freelancer" but I bought it from Extreme PSI, not ebay. Try reading next time.

Turbo is from Jusmx141 so it's legit. I can get one of either screws in, but not both. It's like the holes are drilled crooked, or there off or something.

I would use a slightly larger drill bit and over size the holes a little bit and put a washer under the hardware, or like a few said before, elongate the holes until your hardware lines up. It's a simple fix, and shouldn't take very long.

I would use a slightly larger drill bit and over size the holes a little bit and put a washer under the hardware, or like a few said before, elongate the holes until your hardware lines up. It's a simple fix, and shouldn't take very long.

Yea just drill it out more only questions i have are
where did you get the hardware? does it go in by itself with just the gasket?
Does the gasket holes line up with the pipe????

Yea just drill it out more only questions i have are
where did you get the hardware? does it go in by itself with just the gasket?
Does the gasket holes line up with the pipe????

All the hardware came in Extreme PSI's kit. Everything I have is Extreme PSI's 16g Install kit, except the turbo which was purchased from JusMX141 through this site. Nothing ebay, although the quality of the j-pipe doesn't seem to be the greatest (but I don't know where Extreme PSI gets their stuff). And yeah, the gasket holes line up with the pipe just barely and with the turbo just barely. It's more the angle of the holes in the pipe that make it not match up by just millimeters.

So would I drill and have to tap for the threads as well?

I do not care who sold it to you. That is a Chinese made Pipe that's why it fits bad.

These types of toxic remarks are highly discouraged from this site. I would have expected more from a freelancer, but I guess not. If you have no advice / help for someone posting in the "newbie" forum, please do not post at all.

Do not be mad at me be mad at ExtremePsi for selling a overseas product and not even checking fitment. In the end its your job as a informed consumer to look at what your buying. If you wanted a great fitting J-pipe ETS,Punishment,Dejon would have fit the bill perfect.

If they don't specifically say who made the J-pipe, I don't see why it would be so terrible if it is the same as one you might find on eBay. Check the flatness of the flange (and sand if necessary), drill the holes to the next size, and put it on!

Plenty of people buy the cheapo junk ebay intercoolers from reputable vendors and are happy for some reason; this is a pipe with a bend and a flange, so who cares.

Do not be mad at me be mad at ExtremePsi for selling a overseas product and not even checking fitment. In the end its your job as a informed consumer to look at what your buying. If you wanted a great fitting J-pipe ETS,Punishment,Dejon would have fit the bill perfect.

Pretty sure NO vendor is going to test-fit every single item they send out (especially if they haven't made it themselves). Yes one of each product would be a good idea, but not each individual item.

Last edited:

I agree that I received a subpar Chinese product. I also agree, in hindsight, that some of the brands you listed would have likely provided a better product. But suggesting that I went "cheap" by buying a kit from one of the most reputable vendors in the DSM community that was not cheap by any means is false and has cost you at least one possible customer. And to suggest that the onus is on the customer and not the vendor to ensure a quality product is provided shows how you do business.

I'm done now.

If they don't specifically say who made the J-pipe, I don't see why it would be so terrible if it is the same as one you might find on eBay. Check the flatness of the flange (and sand if necessary), drill the holes to the next size, and put it on!

Plenty of people buy the cheapo junk ebay intercoolers from reputable vendors and are happy for some reason; this is a pipe with a bend and a flange, so who cares.

Pretty sure NO vendor is going to test-fit every single item they send out (especially if they haven't made it themselves). Yes one of each product would be a good idea, but not each individual item.

Thanks for everyone that did help, I got the J-Pipe on there following the exact instructions you guys provided.

I'm having one other issue and wasn't sure whether or not to post a topic because it seems pretty simple - I can't get the water lines off the T25. :confused:

I agree that I received a subpar Chinese product. I also agree, in hindsight, that some of the brands you listed would have likely provided a better product. But suggesting that I went "cheap" by buying a kit from one of the most reputable vendors in the DSM community that was not cheap by any means is false and has cost you at least one possible customer. And to suggest that the onus is on the customer and not the vendor to ensure a quality product is provided shows how you do business.

I'm done now.

Thanks for everyone that did help, I got the J-Pipe on there following the exact instructions you guys provided.

I'm having one other issue and wasn't sure whether or not to post a topic because it seems pretty simple - I can't get the water lines off the T25. :confused:

are you trying to get the lines off with the t25 still on the car? when I did a turbo swap I removed some of the lines from the car itself, removed the turbo then took the lines off the turbo.

In regards to the post bashing "supporting pretender"... Really?!? :rolleyes:
Not one thing you said was helpful, good job. You are doing a good job showing us who not to do business with though.

OP- In the third pic you posted, it looks to me like you should sand down the allen head bolt. Seems like its hitting the side of the J-pipe, making the bolt angle & not sit flush inside the threads. I would bet this fixes your issue.

you know not everyone on this site has just a ton of money to be throwing at their car and most are daily drivers. So we go with what is cheap to an extent the guy tried doing something right and supporting like he said a huge name in the dsm game. thanks for telling everyone not to deal with you in the future that was just bad business man. I could have understood where you were coming from if he would have came on here saying he bought a jpipe from some non dsm supporting guy off ebay but he didnt.

to the op glad to hear you got the jpipe to work that is what i was gonna suggest i had a similar issue with a jpipe i had bought locally

You have to understand i run a small DSM shop and deal with these cheap products on a daily basis. I have little to no patience for these products anymore. I was not trying to talk down to the OP i just saw a ebay j-pipe and the bolt holes were to close together. And to me the obvious answer is to elongate the holes so it lines up. Assuming everyone just knows to do this.

Obvious issue here is me. I was not sympathetic to the OPs issue and gave him a blow off answer. Maybe i was in a cranky mood. I apologize Too the OP for not giving him the answer he deserved especially since he was Clear on describing the issue a provided good pics.

Last edited:
You have to understand i run a small DSM shop and deal with these cheap products on a daily basis. I have little to no patience for these products anymore. I was not trying to talk down to the OP i just saw a ebay j-pipe and the bolt holes were too close together. And too me the obvious answer is to elongate the holes so it lines up. Assuming everyone just knows to do this.

Obvious issue here is me. I was not sympathetic to the OPs issue and gave him a blow off answer. Maybe i was in a cranky mood. I apologize Too the OP for not giving him the answer he deserved especially since he was Clear on describing the issue a provided good pics.

Whatever your intentions were, you came across as an elitist prick.

I have the same install kit on my car, with a big 16g and had Zero fitment issues. So looks like a bad run of parts.

OP: If you are in the metro-Detroit area and need a hand, let me know.

are you trying to get the lines off with the t25 still on the car? when I did a turbo swap I removed some of the lines from the car itself, removed the turbo then took the lines off the turbo.

In regards to the post bashing "supporting pretender"... Really?!? :rolleyes:
Not one thing you said was helpful, good job. You are doing a good job showing us who not to do business with though.

Turbo is off the car. I can't loosen the fitting that holds the water/coolant line on. I tried 19 and 21mm sockets to no avail. Am I missing something?

Anybody?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back